Mental health memes and discussion (Part 2)

I have an inquiry that maybe you guys can help me with. I don’t think you need the whole story but if you’d like me to elaborate I can. Essentially I’m supposed to be labeling my feelings and I’m having one…. It’s a feel…. But I honest to god can not pinpoint what it is? Fear? Boredom? Like it could be anything but it IS preventing me from doing a thing I wanted to do today. Do any of you have experience with teasing out an emotion. HOW do I do that if it’s not one that’s real evident to me. Like anger. I can pinpoint that a mile away but that’s an emotion I am comfortable with and experienced in seeing in myself. Ya know?

3 Likes

9 Likes

Have you ever seen this type of feelings wheel? There are several types out there, but they’ve helped me in the past to tease out what I’m feeling. It can also help to do some journaling, like stream of consciousness writing to put thoughts and feelings to paper. When I go back and read what I’ve written it can help provide some clarity.

11 Likes

14 Likes

15 Likes

Have been slowly raising my dosage over the last over the last 5 months, so relieved to finally reach the point where I can get another cause the manic bass just dropped again in my head lol
When being sober and doing all the mindfulness stuff isn’t enough to keep me safe from myself, I’m thankful for having broke down & truthfully outed my own struggles to the pros this year

8 Likes

Oohhh. I like that a lot. Thank you for sharing it. I think that will be really helpful

6 Likes

9 Likes

15 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes

This! In the last weeks the behavior of others made me so angry, usually I’m not like this. And shortly after feeling that way I relapsed.

4 Likes

I LOVE this. Those are some great affirmations! I particularly love that last one because it’s SO clear that that’s your hard line. You DO deserve all the love and good things. Well done

3 Likes

That’s why I’m in Al-Anon; Now that I’m sober.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Love it. I recently have been on a steady one with personal loving kindness and practice with some of this included. To me it really helped move me out of messy.

1 Like

11 Likes

7 Likes

I like this one alot- self acceptance and loving kindness towards self. I really liked what a friend told me more than once lol : “ Perfection is an unfortunate ideal but not a reality” its always ok to be human”. Thank you for the share!

3 Likes

7 Likes