Mental health memes and discussion (Part 2)

Twitter just be screaming straight in my face

8 Likes

Guys. I don’t know if you ALL knew about the feelings wheel thing that @RosaCanDo shared with me the other day but I’m here to report that thing is a game changer. Turns out half my overwhelm with emotions was not being able to pinpoint them with the right words. When I get “flooded” with an emotion I swear it’s like my brain forgets how to do words and it’s just a fax machine screeching in there. I can got the big one (angry, sad, or whatever) but I’m always like that’s not QUITE it and I get more frustrated and overwhelmed. Don’t know if any of the rest of you struggle with something similar but I just wanted to tell you to save that wheel if you do cause 1/2 the battle is solved in having the words to label a thing.

10 Likes

Right?!? It’s huge. I’m glad you’re getting something helpful from it. Helps me a whole lot (when I remember to use it).

7 Likes

I found this in with the stuff from my son’s recent hospital stay and started squeezing it. I felt calmer! So I think I’ll keep it. Definitely works for the mild stress I am feeling today. Don’t know if it would help for a full on panic attack. Has anyone tried it?

5 Likes

12 Likes

14 Likes

Outstanding.

1 Like

Lol right?! :laughing:

1 Like

8 Likes

You should try it with real tomatoes…
Soooo satisfying

5 Likes

This is so true. I had fun squishing tomatoes during seed collecting.

3 Likes

That would really stress me out, lol! :tomato:

2 Likes

I use the feelings wheel a lot. Part of my drinking was due to not feeling my emotions which I didn’t do myself any favors by drinking away for a few decades.
In the beginning when feelings started coming back it was so helpful to look at that chart and try to find what I was feeling. Once you put a name to a feeling it is revelatory. :heart:

8 Likes

Yes!! Words are so powerful and having the exact right ones are sometimes life changing.

3 Likes

11 Likes

8 Likes

13 Likes

Your posts always ressonate with me sooo much. :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

I want to roll around in this one it is so freaking true. Thank you!!!

2 Likes

I’m not sure many folks know the true meaning and value of vulnerability. This says it all. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes