Mental health memes and discussion (Part 2)

8 Likes

10 Likes

This is beautiful. Thank you for posting.

2 Likes

10 Likes

On the stroke of midnight tonight, you can resolve to be better, if you like…
to be fitter,
to be healthier,
to work harder.

On the stroke of midnight tonight,
you can resolve to become a whole new you,
if you so choose.

Or, you can take a moment to acknowledge what you already are.
All that you already are.
Because it’s a lot.
You’re a lot.

And you deserve to be seen.

On the stroke of midnight tonight perhaps you could congratulate yourself, for coping.
For breaking, again,
and for rebuilding, again.

For catching the stones life has thrown at you,
and for using them to build your castle that little bit higher.

You have endured my friend.

And I don’t see the need to resolve to become a whole new you,
when you are already so very much indeed.

Happy new year.

You made it.

Donna Ashworth

4 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Saw this this morning and thought I’d share it, apologies if it’s already been put up :woman_shrugging:t3: Not had chance to catch up on this thread yet but I will as I love this topic…

6 Likes

14 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

15 Likes

Been thinking about this catching up on posts tonight. Someone said they don’t count their sober days anymore because they intend to stay sober forever. While I do like celebrating everyone’s milestones- I’ll remember this for myself :heart::yellow_heart::blue_heart:

16 Likes

I love this. Part of why I don’t share my day count anymore, also. And part of the work I’m trying to do to improve intrinsic motivation and self-validation…I’ve spent too much of my life people pleasing and looking for acceptance and sense of worth from others. Glad you’re thinking about it, too!

9 Likes

Love this !! Thank you :pray:

1 Like

I can fully relate to everything you just said. I’ve been trying hard through this whole journey to teach myself that my love and acceptance of myself is what truly matters.
I was talking to a friend of mine before Christmas who had a baby about six months ago. She was deathly afraid of her husband touching her post- baby belly. She asked him not too because she felt self conscious on how her body had changed. He accidently touched it and she said they both flinched, and he apologized. She said in that moment it clicked how much she missed being held and grabbed it back. She told me that she realized that she had believed up until that moment she had thought of her body as for others, so much so she was afraid to be touched when she was afraid it may not meet others approval. She said she realized that her body was for her. That she deserved to be held no matter how she was feeling.
I started crying when I hung up, realizing how I was still stuck in that first category. That I thought of my body as belonging to others and their opinions, instead of the vessel that keeps me alive. How far seeking validation from others can go, not just in a physical form. But our sense of worth. I’m trying to think about it differently, like our milestones in sobriety or what jobs we have, ect. I’m trying to flip over to that second category that never lets others define my value. :heart:

12 Likes

This! :100: And the pain that inevitably causes us. It’s a deep soul pain. I have had ups and downs in this journey of self acceptance but I believe I am truly fighting for myself now like never before. Glad you are for yourself :heartpulse:

Thanks for sharing that story. What a powerful moment where it “clicked” for her. And a wonderful example.

4 Likes