Mental health memes and discussion (Part 3)

10 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

8 Likes

Not a meme, but I really liked it and wanted to share.

“Sometimes the most spiritual thing that you can do is not yoga.
It’s not meditating with crystals.
It’s not aligning your chakras or burning sage.
It’s standing up for yourself and telling certain people in your life to go f*ck themselves.”

10 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

8 Likes

14 Likes

I nabbed this from another thread, it was posted by @Johann117 . Credit to Josh! :pray:

7 Likes

Addendum: this meme represents main points from the book by the same name.

The Four Agreements, A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, ( Toltec Wisdom Book), by Don Miguel Ruiz. It’s a little book, but packs a great punch and well worth reading, IMHO.
Apologies if this was already posted here or elsewhere…

3 Likes

Truly life-changing book(s) imo that I’m overdue to go through again, sadly have them in storage at the moment lol. Have most of his/his son’s now, but my core fave are Mastery of Self, Four Agreements, and Mastery of Love. My mother gave each child a copy of Mastery of Self and an apology when she began her healing journey. I didn’t really open it for a couple years until rehab and my goodness…if it didn’t address about everything and line up with so much I was being taught in rehab and AA. Got others hooked and mom sent me the other books and more copies to distribute lol. Whenever I’ve helped friends in life since, I offer them a set.

2 Likes

Wow… Love to read this every morning :heartpulse::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I just read this. I think it is worth a read for any addict as another good resource for learning to honor our truths. :clap:t3:

2 Likes

I’ll add his other two to my to be read list. I really liked The Four Agreements.

2 Likes

Sorry, I’m not sure where to put this. ( Mods if you think there’s a more appropriate place, feel free to move over )

Today I spoke to a therapist on a video chat.
I think I have been fairly open about my life here…in written form
Is it normal to have a harder time speaking the words of my life than writing it out? And does anyone have any suggestions to make it easier? I have been emotionally disregulated most of the day.
Should I expect to feel this way after each session? Does it ever get easier to talk about these things?
I am currently trying to lay down and get some sleep because I have to work early, but having a hard time getting relaxed…

7 Likes

I cried a lot in therapy and often left exhausted. Speaking about your pain is a way of releasing it so maybe this will get it closer to helping you process everything. Doing the work to heal is important work. :mending_heart::heart:

5 Likes

9 Likes

@Johann117 , thanks for the additional recommendations, will definitely check them out.
@Juli1 and @TrustyBird , glad you like the book as well.
Guess what? I found out they have a website too… free video and audio on offer there.

@Scorpn , Oh boy, can I relate to what you’re saying about talking vs writing. I have worked with therapists many times over the years and ALWAYS ended up crying, and having trouble expressing my feelings. I’m much better at writing it out. Maybe it’ll get better over time?

4 Likes