Metal Thread

Hahaha very suspicious🕵

5 Likes

I just clicked on the title like ooo my kinda people, first post was type O, I was really sucked in then, I love type O negative, Peter Steele was just a phenomenal guy all around and an underrated musician

However enough of that, my contribution comes from a band I discovered on a drumming podcast, kind of a mix of old school thrash meets new school metal

1 Like

I love that movie,

The Lone Rangers,
Wait their is 3 of you, shouldn’t you be the 3 Rangers?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Love slipknot and stone sour, corey taylor is a phenomenal musician and about 10 years sober,

Check out his solo work on YouTube its amazing

1 Like

Omg one of my fav albums of all time

If you like 80s and tech metal then this is the album for you.

1 Like

Hi guys. So ive been REALLY missing/pining recently (actually getting quite depressed) about the days of going to my local metal club/bar and just going crazy on the dance floor, air guitaring and screaming the lyrics out. I remember the next days feeling hung over and Bearley able to talk because my voice was sore BUT that was safe place, my way of getting all the crap out of my system and resetting my brain. Now i don’t feel like I could do that because of giving up alcohol and cigs! I feel like something major has been taken away.

Does anyone get where im coming from? That point where you’re surrounded by fellow metallers and all just dancing etc!

2 Likes

Yes.

Being in the scene myself as a multi instrumentalist I can say it’s a bit of a challenge my thing is I need to be able to go to the club or bar and say no thanks to the alcohol, being on lockdown makes it a bit harder but i been working some stuff with sober musicians which has been helpful

2 Likes

I know where you’re coming from for sure. I do miss the days of blasting metal in the parking lot, slamming beers and going nuts in the pit. The next day barely being able to hold my head up to eat cereal because I spent 6 hrs headbanging the night before haha. That being said I don’t miss the anxiety of wondering if I will be pulled over or worse while driving home when I was nowhere near sober. I don’t miss a $200 night when the ticket cost $35 due to how much I would drink inside. It’s nice to remember setlists finally. I’ve found alot of good bands now going in for opening acts which I would always miss tailgating too long. I still go in the pits every now and then but I enjoy watching the shows. It is a different experience for me now but so is everything else in my life since getting sober.

3 Likes

Im not quite there yet. Im still on edge of just drinking and smoking again and my mind set is still hanging on to something that ended years ago. Hard to let go! Sooo hard!

2 Likes

It is hard. I have a friend that got sober 2 yrs before I did and we always went to shows. I wouldn’t drink out of respect for him. I got sober this past January and of course covid hit so I guess haven’t been to one since being officially sober myself. It is going to be a major trigger and I’m sure I will be tempted or envious but having these 11 months under my belt will help and going with my sober friend will be a great support.

2 Likes

Waking up to this one

2 Likes

What’s got you on edge, if I can ask?

1 Like

Yea isolation is going to make it even worse! I guess its just more of a feeling of belonging around people similar to myself. Feeling like the out casts bought us closer. Id have some amazing nights with complete strangers and all from a conversation starter over a band t-shirt :grin:

1 Like

I just feel like im on a knife edge of relapsing because I don’t really feel much better or any different excluding hangovers and slight weight loss. The hangovers was just a way of life for me.

I dunno im just very frustrated! I wish id just kept my mouth shut and kept drinking and smoking.

Yeah, that’s a hard place to be. What made you want to stop before?

Haha I know what you mean band shirts were always an easy conversation piece. It’s a great community. I was supposed to see Pig Destroyer and Converge with some other bands back in April at the Decibel Beer Festival. Freshly sober I can’t lie I was kind of relieved it was cancelled due to covid. I don’t know how I would have handled it on my own. Being tested over the last 11 months I feel much more comfortable putting myself in that situation.

1 Like

oh my god Pig Destroyer! Man i loved their track Natasha! SOOOOO GOOD! Converge are amazing too but i prefer Meshuggah, Candiria, Ephel Duath :slight_smile:

2 Likes