Mind Blowing Random Thoughts #2

Thank you :blush:

Proper hanging severs the spinal cord. Suicides are usually stragulation. I’d imagine increased weight would cut off blood flow as well as air supply. Either way, the weight of anyone’s body is enough to cut off air flow completely.

3 Likes

Being wired differently doesn’t make us defective

4 Likes

Bones are wet.

Read that again.

Feel the discomfort of your wet bones.

5 Likes

I have a magic trick. I will make you breathe manually. Because I’ve just put your attention on manual breathing. Now you can’t stop breathing manually on command.

2 Likes

As of January 2021 there were 4.66 billion active internet users worldwide - 59.5 percent of the global population. Of this total, 92.6 percent (4.32 billion) accessed the internet via mobile devices.

8 Likes

This post was inspired by by @ShesGotMoxie. I really love science and how things work in nature. She got me thinking about light.

Light belongs to something called the Electromagnetic Spectrum. This involves the speed, or frequency of which radiation particles move through space. There is an incredible range of wavelengths within this spectrum that make up and contribute towards our world. Below is listed a range of them:

• Radio waves​ (about 1 m and longer): Radiofrequency EM radiation spans about 20,000 to 300 billion Hz. These “fly” not only around the world but deep into space.
  • Microwaves​ (about 1 mm to 1 m): These can also penetrate into space, but they are useful in weather applications because they can also penetrate clouds.
  • Infrared waves​ (700 nm to 1 mm): Infrared radiation, or “infrared light,” is the stuff of “night-vision” goggles and other visual-enhancement equipment.
  • Visible light​ (400 nm to 700 nm): Light waves in the visible spectrum span a tiny fraction of the electromagnetic wave frequency and wavelength range. Your eyes, after all, are the fairly conservative product of what nature needs them to collect for everyday survival.
  • Ultraviolet light​ (10 nm to 400 nm): Ultraviolet radiation is what causes sunburn and probably skin malignancies as well. Nevertheless, tanning beds wouldn’t exist without it.
  • X-rays​ (about 0.01 nm to 10 nm): This higher-energy radiation is an incredible diagnostic aid in medicine, but this must be balanced against their potential to cause physical harm themselves in higher exposures.
  • Gamma rays​ (< 0.01 nm): As you’d expect, this is very high-energy and hence potentially lethal radiation. Were it not for the Earth’s atmosphere blocking most of it, life in its current form would not have been able to get going billions of years ago. They are used to treat especially aggressive tumors.

If you want to read more about this topic, some of this information I summarized and grabbed from this site:

10 Likes

Inspired by the previous post on light

The amount of energy in one Gamma Ray Burst is about the same as the amount of energy the sun will produce in its entire 10 billion year lifetime - but in a time ranging from milliseconds to hours.

7 Likes

Moonlight is actually sunlight. :nerd_face:

10 Likes

So true! With maybe a dusting of starlight in there.

1 Like

A phenomenon known as the Leidenfrost effect after German doctor Johann Gottlob Leidenfrost occurs when ice or water make contact with a surface that’s hotter than it’s boiling point. The bottom layer of the droplet that touches the hot surface evaporates, but it forms a thin cushion of vapor that temporarily protects the rest of the droplet from the extreme heat. This keeps the rest from becoming vapor and lets the droplet effectively “levitate”.

10 Likes

4 Likes

Because of differences in gravity, a 200 pound person would only weigh 76 pounds on Mars.

8 Likes

That’s soo cool!

1 Like

The sentence, “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter in the English language :astonished:

10 Likes

So that’s why it’s on all the typing tests! :nerd_face:

1 Like

Dracunculiasis, also known as Guinea Worm Disease, is a parasitic infection caused from drinking contaminated water. This disease has been eliminated in most parts of the world, but still exists in Chad, Ethiopia, Mali, and South Sudan.

Usually the disease has no symptoms initially. About one year later, there is a painful burning feeling as a blister forms, usually on the legs. The blister bursts as the worm then comes out of the skin over a few weeks.
The worm can be pulled out a few centimeters each day. The process usually takes weeks. Permanent damage is uncommon.

The process of “pulling” the worm out is lengthy and tricky because if the worm breaks during removal it can cause intense inflammation as the remaining part of the dead worm starts to degrade inside the infected person’s body. This causes more pain, swelling, and cellulitis.

7 Likes

lol. No love for the Guinea Worm?! It is one of God’s creations as well! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

5 Likes

From what I remember, maybe I’m wrong, I think it favors the Saphenous Vein. Long fat vein.

1 Like