Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Sept. 7th mind blowing random thought of the day: The human body contains enough carbon to fill approx. 9,000 pencils.

2 Likes

Sept. 8th mind blowing random thought of the day: Bill Clinton is the first president to have won a Grammy Award, when in 2004, he won for his work in narrating the English version of the book ‘Wolf Track.’ He then won again in 2005 for narrating his own autobiography ‘My Life.’

1 Like

That is weirdly interesting. So crunching the numbers, the typical man also contains about 175 glasses of water.

Anyone thirsty? I forgot my stillsuit.

Edit: Also fascinating to me is weighed in my boxers before and after a 6 mile, 1000’ elevation gain hike, I consistently/temporarily drop 1 lbs. Given that I usually drink about 1L of water on the trail, that means I lose… a kind of crazy amount of water to sweat!

1 Like

You can imagine the weight I lost during my marathon then!

1 Like

Getting a jump on Sunday early!

Sept. 9th mind blowing random thought of the day: Lightning hasn’t brought down an airplane since 1963 due to careful engineering, which allows for the electric charge of a lightning bolt to run through the plane and out of it safely.

This is great!! My random fact :

Apples are more effective at waking you up in the morning than coffee.

3 Likes

Wow! That’s bananas…

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve always heard this, but I wonder why people say it. Ima find out…

Okay, so I guess this was a no brainer. Apples contain about 13 g of Fructose, a sugar that breaks down a lot slower than glucose. There are also lots of vitamins in the peel. The slower release of the sugar and vitamins works as an energy stimulant. In addition, it’s not an artificial chemical released into your body.

Sept. 10th mind blowing random thought of the day: In 21% of identical twin pairs, one child is right handed and the other child is either left handed or ambidextrous.

2 Likes

Isn’t that about the same as non-twins? Maybe not so genetic. :thinking:

I think that the point is that identical twins ought to have identical traits, or at least propensity towards those traits. The fact that such a large percentage of them do not follow the genetic expectancy, is the random wonder.

Mentioning this at the water cooler, a coworker with twins also points out that there are “mirror twins.” It manifests both in handedness and in physical appearance. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yes, I’ve heard of this too. I have identical twin boys, and they are very similar. Truman was born with a mole on his lower neck/shoulder though.

Sept. 11th mind blowing random thought of the day: There exists a group of women known as the “Arlington Ladies,” who have volunteered to attend every military funeral at Arlington National Cemetery since 1948 so that no soldier, sailor, airman, or marine is buried alone. They attend an average of 30 funerals a week.

3 Likes

Sponges grow in the ocean. Think about how much deeper it would be if they weren’t there soaking up the water.

5 Likes

Never noticed that one, but definitely cool! I felt the same way about learning that the tune for the ABC’s, Bah Bah Black Sheep, and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star are the same.

Sept. 12th mind blowing random thought of the day: “Strategic incompetence” is the art of avoiding certain tasks by pretending to not know how to do them.

Or in my case “Complete incompetence.”

3 Likes

That’s just how I roll. It worked for a little while when it came to Changi diapers. Shay put the kibosh on that though.

2 Likes

Hey man, before my own kids, I’d changed maybe 2 diapers ever.

1 Like