Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

That actually makes me feel a lot better. I’m up to two as well.

Yeah, but now I’ve changed literally thousands of diapers.

1 Like

One of my favorite bits!

1 Like

Sept. 13th mind blowing random thought of the day: The herb anise is the scent used on the artificial mechanical rabbit in greyhound races in order to encourage the dogs to chase it around the track.

2 Likes

Sept. 14th mind blowing random thought of the day: According to psychiatric studies conducted at Oxford University in 2017, playing Tetris soon after a traumatic experience has been shown to help prevent bad memories and flashbacks from reoccurring, as well as reduce PTSD by up to 62%.

2 Likes

Yes, isn’t this just the most incredible? We gotta get old school game boys for immediate use after trauma.

(There’s a time in which present moment awareness is the most important thing and times in which present moment awareness is not a good thing at all.)

2 Likes

Sept. 15th mind blowing random thought of the day: There are more possible legal moves in a single game of Chess than there are atoms in the known universe, as according to the Shannon Number, there exists approx. 10^120 number of possible iterations in Chess while there are only approx. 10^80 number of atoms in the observable universe.

2 Likes

Sept. 16th mind blowing random thought of the day: Men are 6 times more likely to be struck by lightning than women, as according to NOAA’s National Weather Service, many of the top leisure activities that expose people to potential lightning strikes are on average conducted by men.

1 Like

Told that to my nephew. Bet him 20 bucks and he did it. Damn!

Sept. 17th mind blowing random thought of the day: A U.S. dollar bill can be folded approx. 4,000 times in the same place before it will eventually tear.

1 Like

Sept. 18th mind blowing random thought of the day: Blueberries were originally called “star fruits.”

2 Likes

Good question… maybe they found star fruits and were like, “oh dang, these look just like stars, we gave those blue berries the wrong name… hey, I know what we could call them…”

4 Likes

Sept. 19th mind blowing random thought of the day: The skull and crossbones flag at the top of a pirate ship is called a “Jolly Roger,” and although the origin of the name has been lost, one theory stems from the use of red flags. Centuries ago, a red flag was commonly used during naval warfare to signal that no mercy would be given, and anyone captured would be killed immediately. Called a ‘Joli Rogue’ by the French, it is suggested this was then translated into English as “Jolly Roger.” Another theory suggests, however, that Jolly Roger derived from “Old Roger,” a term used for the Devil.

3 Likes

Sept. 20th mind blowing random thought of the day: Whale milk has such a high percentage of fat content that it possess the same consistency as toothpaste, which prevents it from dissolving in water.

1 Like

Sept. 21st mind blowing random thought of the day: During the filming of the boxing scene in ‘Rocky IV,’ actor Dolph Lundgren accidentally punched star Sylvester Stallone in the chest so hard that the pericardial sack around his heart swelled up and impeded its beating, causing his blood pressure to rise to 290. Stallone had to remain in intensive care at the hospital for 9 days while recovering.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Almost missed today. Was gone camping and then throwing a birthday party. Busy!

Sept. 22nd mind blowing random thought of the day: Only 1 in every 300 calico cats is male.

3 Likes

Sept. 23rd mind blowing random thought of the day: In 1968, the crew of the Apollo 7 spacecraft won a special Emmy Award from the National Academy of Television, Arts, and Sciences for their live transmission from space.

2 Likes

Wait… What? How do they survive?

Edit: Huh. The more you know.

Weirdly my 11 year old daughter told me recently that only 30% of people in the world can lick their own elbow. My son is one of them. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like