Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

What??!? That’s crazy.

1 Like

Oct. 13th mind blowing random thought of the day: This one is courtesy a friend from years ago who was studying chemistry & perfumology. The floral scent in some perfumes comes from trace amounts of ground up used tires. Recycling at its finest. :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Oct. 14th mind blowing random thought of the day: Mars is the only known planet to be solely inhabited by functioning robots.

6 Likes

Eu de burnt rubber :rofl:

2 Likes

@Eke I am waiting!! Gotta know the fact of the day :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Oct. 15th mind blowing random thought of the day: The cheesecake is classified as a torte, being made with little to no flour and occasionally, but not always, prepared with multiple layers. A cake.

3 Likes

How has this been determined? :face_with_monocle::thinking: lol

1 Like

Oct. 16th mind blowing random thought of the day: Today’s thought courtesy of @Allicat388. Nicholas Cage bought a pet octopus once because he sincerely thought it might help with his acting.

2 Likes

Oct. 17th mind blowing random thought of the day: It’s a myth that dogs are completely color blind. It is believed that dogs actually have at least blue and yellow color receptors (plus the usual grays), giving them vision similar to red-green color blindness in humans.

An online tool will color filter an image to show an approximation of what your dog might see.

Their eyes also contain a membrane called the tapetum lucidum which allows them to see in the dark. Bonus.

2 Likes

Always look forward to reading the daily random thought. Thanks for keeping up with this thread.

1 Like

And, like I never left… I’m picking it back up.

Oct. 17th mind blowing random thought of the day: There exists a 30 foot tall tree stump known as “the Old Man of the Lake” that has been floating around vertically in Crater Lake in Oregon for more than 130 years. It remains currently unknown why it has yet to sink down into the water.

6 Likes

Thank God. The pressure, man, the pressure! :+1:

1 Like

It ain’t easy coming up with random facts…

1 Like

The truth is its own reward.

3 Likes

Oct. 18th mind blowing random thought of the day: A poem written in 1790 by George Tucker depicts a father, upset with his bookish son, saying “I’d not give a fuck for all you’ve read,” making it the first recorded instance of the now common phrase “I don’t give a fuck.”

11 Likes

As if we care! :grin:

1 Like

Lol! In other words… :joy::rofl:

Or zero fucks given… in todays modern world

1 Like

Oct. 19th mind blowing random thought of the day: King Edward VIII is one of the shortest reigning monarchs in British history, ruling for only 11 months after abdicating the throne in 1936 because Parliament did not approve of him marrying a divorced woman, as he was also head of the Church of England. However, Edward married her anyway, leaving the kingdom to his younger brother George VI, and they remained together until his death in 1972.

4 Likes

The ratio of a pumpkin’s circumference to a pumpkin’s diameter = pumpkin pi.

4 Likes