Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

How has this been determined? :face_with_monocle::thinking: lol

They found a bunch of sharks laughing and discussing collectively the last kills they had, while some were swimming by themselves reading a book discrediting moral relativism and arguing killing might be wrong in all circumstances.

I have no idea… :wink:

Oct. 16th mind blowing random thought of the day: Today’s thought courtesy of @Allicat388. Nicholas Cage bought a pet octopus once because he sincerely thought it might help with his acting.

Oct. 17th mind blowing random thought of the day: It’s a myth that dogs are completely color blind. It is believed that dogs actually have at least blue and yellow color receptors (plus the usual grays), giving them vision similar to red-green color blindness in humans.

An online tool will color filter an image to show an approximation of what your dog might see.

Their eyes also contain a membrane called the tapetum lucidum which allows them to see in the dark. Bonus.

Always look forward to reading the daily random thought. Thanks for keeping up with this thread.

And, like I never left… I’m picking it back up.

Oct. 17th mind blowing random thought of the day: There exists a 30 foot tall tree stump known as “the Old Man of the Lake” that has been floating around vertically in Crater Lake in Oregon for more than 130 years. It remains currently unknown why it has yet to sink down into the water.

Thank God. The pressure, man, the pressure! :+1:

It ain’t easy coming up with random facts…

The truth is its own reward.

Oct. 18th mind blowing random thought of the day: A poem written in 1790 by George Tucker depicts a father, upset with his bookish son, saying “I’d not give a fuck for all you’ve read,” making it the first recorded instance of the now common phrase “I don’t give a fuck.”

As if we care! :grin:

Lol! In other words… :joy::rofl:

Or zero fucks given… in todays modern world

Oct. 19th mind blowing random thought of the day: King Edward VIII is one of the shortest reigning monarchs in British history, ruling for only 11 months after abdicating the throne in 1936 because Parliament did not approve of him marrying a divorced woman, as he was also head of the Church of England. However, Edward married her anyway, leaving the kingdom to his younger brother George VI, and they remained together until his death in 1972.

The ratio of a pumpkin’s circumference to a pumpkin’s diameter = pumpkin pi.

Oh, stop! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha! We celebrate March 14th every year. One year a friend of mine made a pumpkin pie in the shape of Pi. It was pretty epic.

This has gotta be one of my favorite threads. Thanks to all who post here.

Hey, you are so welcome! We even give out free caramel apples. Here have one!
downloadfile

Babas are gnarly. There was an episode of “An Idiot Abroad” (great show) where he travels to India and meets a few, including “Elephant Baba”.