Mind Blowing Random Thoughts

Nov. 28th mind blowing random thought of the day: The Nine Inch Nails 1994 rock album ‘The Downward Spiral’ was recorded in the same house where actress Sharon Tate was murdered by the cult followers of Charles Manson.

4 Likes

Nov. 29th mind blowing random thought of the day: The website www.PlaneCrashInfo.com has a variety of transcripts and MP3 recordings of the last words spoken before pilots and passengers crashed to their deaths in airplane accidents. Created for investigative purposes, the information and sound bites are readily available to the public.

2 Likes

Nov. 30th mind blowing random thought of the day: James Buchanan is the only U.S. president to have never married, and his niece Harriet Rebecca Lane Johnston served as First Lady during his administration from 1857 to 1861.

3 Likes

Dec. 1st mind blowing random thought of the day: Achondroplasiaphobia is the fear of midgets or dwarves.

3 Likes

What is the fear of both?

3 Likes

Midget happens to be a term that refers to a dwarf. Its fallen out of favor though and is now considered offensive. A dwarf is typically classified as any adult under 147 cm. That being said, a “true” dwarf suffers from a condition known as Achondroplasia.

2 Likes

I would love to have a pet midget

2 Likes

I think that goes in the offensive thread! :joy:

1 Like

And thus the root name of the phobia. Thanks!

1 Like

The person who standardized the colors for the US interstate highway system was colorblind…

That sounds perfect actually. There’s a fairly sizeable colourblind population, who can probably navigate easier since their condition was considered during the development of the colour standardization.

On a worldwide average, a song written by one of the Gibb brothers is played every 4 seconds.

2 Likes

That is true but it made me sad as my brother died of an overdose.

Dec. 2nd mind blowing random thought of the day: Salar de Uyuni of the Altiplano of southwest Bolivia is the world’s largest salt flat at over 4,000 square miles. Formed approx. 30,000 to 40,000 years ago as part of a former prehistoric lake, it contains 50 to 70% of the world’s lithium reserve and serves as a major breeding ground for several species of flamingoes.

3 Likes

Dec. 3rd mind blowing random thought of the day: The expiration date on bottled water is for the bottle, not the water.

5 Likes

Dec. 4th mind blowing random thought of the day: From 1973 to 1996, Marvel Comics successfully trademarked the word “zombie,” giving them exclusive access to its use after the publication of their comic book ‘Tale of the Zombie.’

4 Likes

Dec. 5th mind blowing random thought of the day: Pokémon creator Satoshi Tajiri collected and studied caterpillars as a child, and based his game on the concept of them evolving into butterflies.

4 Likes

Dec. 6th mind blowing random thought of the day: According to a 2015 study conducted by Badge of Life, the number 1 cause of death for police officers is suicide.

1 Like

That’s crazy and really sad. I wouldn’t have thought suicide would have even made top ten.

2 Likes

Dec. 7th mind blowing random thought of the day: In 1984, actor Jackie Chan won the Japanese Best Foreign Singer Award, as during the 1980s, he sang the theme song to all of his films. In addition, he can sing in 5 different languages and performed at the 2010 Expo and the 2008 Summer Olympics opening ceremony.

5 Likes