Moderation spots are now open!

Yeah. Robin relies a lot on the community input, but in the end he ultimately decides.

3 Likes

I might also add regarding mod input… For our part, a lot is input on practical stuff we find helpful based on past experience.

Examples from recent mod calls are having enough (but not too many) to have good coverage. Trying to spread out time zones/regions, even cultures if we can (e.g., some NA, some EU at least). Keeping a degree of gender/perspective balance.

A lot depends on who gets put forward, but these can be factors in the final cut.

5 Likes

@Alisa @Misokatsu and others but they are under a year.

4 Likes

Everyone is such a great choice it’s tough! I’d suggest @Dazercat and @Its_me_Stella :sunglasses::metal:t2:

6 Likes

Looks like you got an interested Hoser up there in @Winter_Ov_Thanatoz
@siand
Nudge nudge.

And now that I think of it Rob would be a great candidate for the position. We could have 2 rock stars :star: in the MOD position.
@Rockstar24777

I spend too much time on here I know to much.
muahahaha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
And like @Callie99 mentioned I’d be flagging my own C word memes :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

@Misokatsu is in fact above 15 months :innocent:

(Edit to add: sorry if I misinterpreted - I read “they are under a year” and thought it may apply to the two people you named but later thought maybe she means the “others” she mentioned! Sorry if I misinterpreted :innocent:)

2 Likes

The people I didn’t list were under a year. I knew @Misokatsu was over a year and I’m not sure about @Alisa. I also think you @Matt would be great- read you were not at a year yet.

You guys are all welcoming, level headed, inclusive and don’t post C word memes like @Dazercat :joy:

Edit to add @Rockstar24777 to my list :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Awww you’re very kind Eric! I’d be willing if asked :sunglasses::metal:t2:

8 Likes

Thanks @Callie99 i appreciate that very much! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

For what it’s worth I’m willing to volunteer, this place has saved my a** and I’d love to give back :blush::sunglasses::metal:t2:

15 Likes

Hey yo @moderators
Looks like @Rockstar24777 and @Winter_Ov_Thanatoz
Are looking at possibilities here.

My work is done now.
Fetch me a meme.
A nice clean meme.
:pray:t2::heart::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

I totally agree bro :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Thank you @Callie99 , appreciate the recommendation. Although I am committed to people’s well being here, I do not wish to have an administrative/moderator capability. Lots of good candidates suggested!

7 Likes

I second your two choices, well until I get derailed yet again, then we’ll have to have a re think. :wink:

2 Likes

AA on the spot inventory - I’m pissed off for not being nominated for a job I don’t want :rofl::rofl::rofl: Thank god for the 12 step program and a lesson in humility.
I wish the successful candidate all the best, TBH there are so many able people out there it’s hard to make a choice.

9 Likes

I’ll nominate you too.

6 Likes

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

A post was merged into an existing topic: Derailment void / Off topic 2021 to present

This is an exciting event but let’s please stay on topic, y’all.

4 Likes

May I please, seriously nominate Paul?
I think he’s a great chap. And is very dedicated to this forum. And he’s funny.
@Dolse71

6 Likes