Movies Check-in / Reviews šŸ“¼

Really fits into the horror genre indeed

Another great movie based on true story about a recovery herion addict is named

A STREET CAT NAMED BOB

1 Like

Itā€™s on prime not Netflix sweet I rented for Ā£2 49p

1 Like

These are the 3 scariest films I have ever seen, utterly terrifying. Highly recommended but proper nightmare stuff. Funny Games and The Vanishing have remakes but the original versions here are much better.

3 Likes

Even just thinking about The Vanishing gives me the chills! For me the scariest films are about things that could or have actually happened, which all of these are. I take no responsability for any nightmares or loss of sleep caused by watching these movies :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I loved reading that book as a kid lmao

1 Like

Hahaha I try to be! I put on a scooby doo shirt yesterday before my girlfriend and I went out but she told me to change it because we bought ā€œnormalā€ shirts for me to wear :joy::joy::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: its always good to be young at heart, it keeps ya looking youthful :smile:

2 Likes

Wow, what a movie! A strong recommendation for those that enjoy documentaries. Filmed in the late 80ā€™s, it follows an aging Japanese soldierā€™s quest for justice for war crimes committed by the Japanese military against itā€™s own soldiers in the final days of the war in the Pacific. It raises some important questions about what tactics are acceptable in acheiving justice, and what the role/responabilities of the film maker should be. There are some deeply uncomfortable scenes and the ending drops like a bomb.

3 Likes

Hey @anon12657779 This looks like you!! Based on the review, what would you decide? :popcorn:

1 Like

Haha, love it! Thanks Cate. Iā€™d probably watch it just because of the premis.
4.5/5 reviews,ā€¦? Iā€™d take that.
Yeah Iā€™d probably watch it.
I read Ranalph Fiennes book of the Transglobal trip in the 80ā€™s.
He said that they were stranded and just had to sit it out on the ice flow until the current took them close to Greenland where their ship could get them.
Couldnā€™t do it now if courseā€¦ Ainā€™t no ice in the Arctic anymore.:cry:

2 Likes

Alive was good

1 Like

This has been on my Netflix list for a while, got round to it this evening. Really enjoyed it. Funny in a low key way, not loads of laughing out loud but solidly entertaining and easy to watch.

2 Likes

Literally came to this thread just to mention this movie! I just watched it last night and I LOVED it. Very well done.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a cute idea!! Or have a zoom meeting watching a movie :yum:

1 Like

Hahaha how was it?!

1 Like

This was awesome!

I really liked the movie ā€œNerveā€ on Netflix!

Also JUST watched ā€œRepomenā€ a few days ago and was a hot mess haha loved the movie, but what a roller-coaster ride!

4 Likes

THB I found

Nerve more of a teenflickā€¦

On prime
scary storyā€™s in the dark

1 Like

Whoā€™s the director canā€™t find it