Movies Check-in / Reviews 📼

But was it good?
I hear very good things about it, but I need a review I can trust.
:+1:

2 Likes

Not our cup of tea.
Too weird. Maybe I’m just too old.
I thought it was terrible. But too very weird to not finish it. Sorry I can’t get you a more in depth review.

1 Like

That’s cool.
I was going to watch it anyway.

When I do I’ll give you my impression.

2 Likes

One of the best movies in a while. The editing is phenomenal and the concept of parallel realities is exucuted almost flawlessly. Highly recommended film.

4 Likes

Great movie. Historical drama with a very clever and subtle humor. I laughed at many one liners throughout. I hadn’t heard about this incident but won’t say more due to spoilers.

Another example of why Christian bale is one of the best modern actors

1 Like

Haha yes, definitely not for everyone! It’s an honest review :+1:

1 Like

I’m glad you liked it. The reviews said the critically acclaimed……… My daughter like it. We thought we’d try it. But just not for us. I’m glad you review it better for AyBee. But we did sit through the whole thing. And when you mentioned the editing. I can’t even imagine who? How? Or what? In that department. And I always love Jamie Lee :heart: Interesting part for her.

From what I’ve read the small team (5 people did ~80% of the FX) was mostly self-taught directors who learned FX out of necessity for their own independent films. The restrictions lead to the visual style of it.
If I remember correctly it was mostly After Effects which was used and not some crazy Hollywood standard VFX megabux software.

3 Likes

Yes indeed! I’m stoked to hear your take.

1 Like

I was hooked from the moment I saw Waymond. Did you recognize the actor?

1 Like

Nope. Only Jamie Lee.
Never saw anything like it.
Who is Waymond.

Ke Huy Quan also known as Short Round or Data.
“Goonies never die, Dr. Jones.”

4 Likes

Just googled it

You beat me to it

3 Likes

He had a hard time getting cast in Hollywood after Goonies and Indiana Jones. This, I think, is his 3rd Hollywood movie. I caught it as soon as he spoke.

1 Like

I swear I thought he was familiar. But no way I could have remembered that. Wowzers

1 Like

My wife and I are very impressed with your skills there. My wife is good. I’m terrible. I probably wouldn’t have know it was Jamie Lee if my wife didn’t tell me. I’m so bad :joy:

1 Like

I heard an interview with Jamie Lee Curtis where she said she was excited to not play a pretty girl for the first time.

1 Like

I kinda wondered what happened to Short Round, I had no idea that was him when I saw "Everything.
BTW, it’s a gloriously unhinged movie. It’s like a more metaphysical version of Kung Fu Hustle. :grin:

2 Likes

I really loved it. It was imaginative with fantastic fight scenes and the mother/daughter dynamic had me in tears. You cannot say that you have seen that movie before.
Kung Fu Hustle is now at the top of my movies to watch list. :martial_arts_uniform::clapper:

2 Likes

Never saw Allison Janney in anything like this before.

It was good. Lots of twists.

1 Like