Movies Check-in / Reviews šŸ“¼

This has to be one of my top Bay movies. Camera was little overly shaky during some scenes but overall, a very good action film. Plus, I love Jake Gyllenhaal and what heā€™s grown to be cough Day After Tomorrow lol

3 Likes

Crazy Steven Soderberg made Erin Brockovich and Traffic the same year. Both great movies.

2 Likes

John Wick franchise!!! Goingtl to see #4 for date night soon!

4 Likes

I confess that I did not liked ver much Everything Everywhere All at Once. For me is a kind of Matrix and a moral lesson that seems to be forced. The message, as far as I understood, is quite simple: Be kind with the others, with yourself and, in certain terms, call to serenity (like ourselves in AA :grinning:).

From my point of view the film is overrated, maybe I am getting old to enjoy these films.

Regards.

4 Likes

I looooooove the John Wick movies. Iā€™ll be seeing #4 on the 28th for date night.

4 Likes

iibh Iā€™d love to see a miniseries on the John Wick story. Like, follow the story of an assassin every season only to fight John Wick at the end and lose =) Make it an hour an episode, six episodes max.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not an action movie gal but there is something very compelling about this series. Itā€™s beautiful, the movements are aspirational, the characters are interesting. I canā€™t get enough.

3 Likes

The fight choreography in the John Wick series is so poetic! Sure, lots of guns and senseless violence but the sheer design and filmography of each fight scene is :pinched_fingers:

2 Likes

I guess Iā€™m the only one who thinks John wick derivative blah :joy:. Itā€™s super popular though so Iā€™m definitely the minority here haha.

Enjoy!!

2 Likes

As I just had movie marathon today and yesterday with my siblingsā€¦ we watched several great movies:
To lisle
Philadelphia
The road dance
Endings, Beginnings
Sharper
Bones and all

3 Likes

ay no way, brotha! personally, Iā€™m all over the map when it comes to film. Heck Iā€™m down to start a Pixar over a Marvel movie anyday haha. Just the other day I watched the original 12 Angry Men. Itā€™s outdated sure (all white men on a jurory) but the story and characters are so well written and acted!!

6 Likes

12 angry men is one of my all time favorite moviesā€¦ I watched it 3 times and never got bored of it

3 Likes

Now this Iā€™m into!

1 Like

I would love to know how to get into that chat

1 Like

The Sting is on Netflix right now too. Another classic!! The poker game on the train is such an amazing scene, imo =)

7 Likes

You sure are!!! I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE John wick! All of them!!

1 Like

Well thatā€™s good :+1:t3:

1 Like

Tom Hanks does it again.
Just an all around great movie.
So much better than some of those Oscar nominated ones I sat through :grimacing:

6 Likes

The trailer looked really good. And it was at our little theater, the owner picks great movies. We are seeing Emily on Thursday. Will add this one to our listā€¦plusā€¦kitty.

2 Likes

The book, A Man Called Ove, was great. The Swedish version of the movie was made but I could never get my hands on it!

3 Likes