Movies Check-in / Reviews šŸ“¼

This movie was great, we loved it!

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure yet quite what to make of it. A trip for sure. Fantastic acting and images. So letā€™s just say itā€™s a great movie right? Right.

4 Likes

Love that movie!!

1 Like

I for some reason want to dislike Tom Cruise moviesā€¦but I donā€™t. Really enjoy all MI movies!

2 Likes

Me too! I think tonight is the night!

Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll love it as @SassyRocks and @Tragicfarinelli did.

1 Like

Finally saw MI:7 1/2 - was pretty good, canā€™t wait for part two.

I recently watched Parallel on Netflix.

This is a sci-fi thriller about four 20-somethings who find a mysterious portal to an alternate universe. It has a low budget and no name actors who use excessive bad language, because thatā€™s how young people talk?

The story was pretty good and thought provoking. If you like time travel, mind bending tyle of movies, give a go!

I rate 6 Neighs out of 10.

Last night, I continued my ā€˜Parallel universeā€™ kick and watched Coherence on Tubi.

This was another low budget, no-name flick that looks like it was filmed by someone fresh out of film school and directed by someone who doesnā€™t believe in scripts. Once you get over the shakey hand cam with exteme closeups and the chaotic cross talk, the story takes a dark and eerie turn that will leave you speechless. This one will live rent free in my mind for quite some time!

I give it 8 Neighs out of 10.

1 Like

My daughter likes fantasy, we have watched Harry Potter, Narnia, etc, so I showed her the 1980s Willow. I remembered loving it as a kid and was a bit worried it wouldnā€™t stand up. But great pacing, humor, and 1980s Val Kilmer :purple_heart:.

6 Likes

Loved Willow, got my youngest into fantasy when he was little so he now loves all the old classics that I used to watch, Never ending story, Dark Crystal etc.
Iā€™m straight but Iā€™m with you on 1980s Val Kilmer :fire:

3 Likes

I was apparently in a twisted headspace yesterday and watched Ingrid Goes West, Saltburn and Pearl on my day off. Iā€™ll now need a solid break before I watch anything dark and obsessed. I think a Miyazaki as a palette cleanser tonight.

6 Likes

Watching or should I say rewatching Erin Brockovich

I love this movie :heart:

6 Likes

Nyad. Based on a true story.
Fantastic movie :movie_camera:

2 Likes

Hypnotic, Ben Affleck movie. Mmm, not really very good but had good ratings. Ben was so stilted in this movie it drove me insane. Just a rehash of loads of different movies.

1 Like

Thatā€™s some funny piece of crap :poop:
If you are in need of escapism, this is the movie to watch.
:squid:

2 Likes

13 year old movie, female-led (doing all her stunts because she can), non-stop, kick-ass, tight action movie.
It hasnā€™t dated - great lead, big name support, quality direction.

3 Likes

Just watched Dogman. Such a good movie!! 10/10 :ok_hand:

1 Like

Loved The Holdovers!

5 Likes

I figured this would be the appropriate forum to post on but what movies based on Soberity would someone recommend ā€¦ i find myself in my recovery its important to watch movies like flight and bill w even tho its a documentary .i just wanted recommendations if anyone has any

1 Like

We watched two films yesterday and enjoyed both.

Then came you - a surprisingly enjoyable, sweet, wholesome and funny romcom

RV, classic Robin Williams. Funny and silly.

1 Like

This looks like fun :heart: thanks.
And I love Scotland too. Go figure :blush:

1 Like

Itā€™s so sweet and funny

1 Like