Musicians Unite

@ifs here is the thread

Thanks @MandiH ! This is a great thread. I sampled through all these videos and you are all so great, I’m intimidated to share my own haha. Singing when I start feeling down has helped me stay sober so much. Too bad I don’t have any songs learned on instruments to make a cover with. I mainly just improvise on piano or sing along to something. Been trying to get a band started but everyone in town seems to be too busy

1 Like

Oh God, did you hear my guitar playing? It’s pretty terrible. Lol. Probably should do an a capela one of these days! The cool thing about it is I can change the key playing on my own vs karaoke style stuff. I just do it because I enjoy it and I share sometimes. Usually it’s me singing with the radio cranked up when no one is home or in my car lol

I sing :blush:

3 Likes

I didn’t notice your guitar playing much honestly, I was struck by your voice! Expressive, versatile, and powerful!

1 Like

You have an amazing voice!!

1 Like

Thank you Mandi! Means a lot. Singing has always been a passion and an outlet.

2 Likes

Awesome voice! So much soul! :v:

2 Likes

I finally got my electric guitar fixed (wonky machine head) and restrung, and I’ve been working on my vocals, but a couple of days ago I’ve just stopped and lost my motivation. I was hoping to get something posted in here, but I’m daily nailed to the ground with feelings of depression now, so I don’t know when that’ll happen… how do I reawaken the music in me?

1 Like

What a cool thread… Here is a song I recorded 3 years ago ironically named ‘Hangover’

4 Likes

@Dejavu and @SweetTea here is the thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thx for leading me to this thread. Guurl…you have the coolest vibrato. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Love.this.thread.
Listen … y’all are killin’ it.
Killin’.it.

1 Like

When I was young, I always wanted one of every instrument, and now I’m an adult, I started my collection. So far, I’ve collected 7 guitars, bass, drum kit, mandolin, banjo, violin, electric piano, melodica, harmonicas, PA system, mixers, mics.

Recently, I quit my job to stay home with the kids, and well now I spend my time writing and recording music.

At this point in life, I’ll never make it as a musician, but that doesnt mean I cant have fun trying.

Here’s a song that I wrote when I was going through a tough time. It’s one of my favorite songs I’ve written because its optimistic. Anyway, here’s my song.

1 Like

That’s awesome, I am always so in awe of people that can write their own songs, I love it!

2 Likes

Love it!!!

Aww shucks girl thanks! I dont always love the vibrato I have to work to tame it down some lol. I can’t wait to hear you sing, the car is my go to singing place too!

1 Like

I just so happened to locate my son’s go pro yesterday. I’m going to start taking it along on my, ahem, more cathartic drives. My accent alone will be entertaining to suuum.

It’ll be a real treat lol

1 Like

Eek!!! I stoked, I cant wait!!!

2 Likes

About a month ago, I started a music project with a singer. Here’s one of the songs we are working on. It’s still a rough draft. Would love some feedback!

2 Likes