Musicians Unite

Used the GoPro. Y’all are gonna be in for a real treat probably later today. :joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Early morning singing… in my car…still in pjs…like a maniac … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::upside_down_face::joy:

I’m just gonna park this lil’ gem right here, and hope it doesnt break the interwebz:

7 Likes

Well hold on to your seatbelt, because me over singing “Run To You” by Whitney Houston might be next lol

1 Like

Omg, you have NO idea how excited I was to see this and you didn’t disappoint! I’ve literally been thinking about this every day but knew it would come when you were ready. Friggen love it! You go girl!

1 Like

Thx! I thought it was an extra polished debut. Bwahahahaha!
Sure hope I haven’t intimidated other artists. Heh. :rofl:

2 Likes

I couldn’t get it to play in the app but copied the share link into my computer. I like the general sound and vibe! Duets are especially difficult because a soloist can be 0.01% out of tune at random for for style reasons, but if two singers are the same amount off, they match beautifully or sound twice as off. Reason I’m shooting off about tune is because I’m a former violinist and that trains exact pitch pretty quick and makes you think about it waaaay too hard lol. But I’m not concerned about it in your work. It’s a first draft anyways. But the overall image… did you write and arrange that yourself? Sounds kickass to me.

Omg thanks for sharing this.

And yes, you did intimidate me thank you very much. Fragile new singer here. Basically never sang out loud until… 2.5 months ago? Just casually a few minutes a couple of times a week since then. So if I post something… Ummm. Wear earplugs. Unless I post it 15 years from now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! I write the music, my friend writes the lyrics. We record it all in my “studio”. We usually record a scratch track, then I’ll record all the other instruments throughout the week then she will come back and do the vocals. This recording was badically the scratch track plus additional instruments.

And its interesting you played the violin, we really need someone who can play!

Here’s what we’re working with.

3 Likes

Violin, guitar, piano, alto sax, penny whistle, EDM, others I have played but no significant experience.:slight_smile: I’m classically trained, but self taught. My talent is more in composing and arranging.

1 Like

I sing really loud, in my car, every single day. It’s my thing. I also dance in the car every single day. It’s a stress reliever for sure. I love to laugh, and I goof off and laugh at myself a lot. It’s good medicine.
Sing more. It’s good for you (-:

1 Like

Right on! I’m self taught but not trained, classic or otherwise. I can play all you see in that picture to.some degree, except the violin. My ears have been destroyed by seeing too many concerts without protection, I can’t determine pitch anymore, so unless its fretted, forget about it.

As far as music goes, i just write and record as a hobby, though this new project I’m working on with my friend, may grow legs. So, we’ll see what happens in the next few months.

1 Like

I think you have something great going on! I look forward to seeing more works from you :slight_smile:

I’ve lost most of my violin muscle memory unfortunately, but most of the brain stuff is there at least. Guitar has to be the instrument that I’ve tried the hardest at without getting any skill level that remotely works for performing. My fingers don’t like the shapes they’re forced into, and I either press a string hard enough and my finger flattens to mute neighbouring strings, or I don’t accidentally mute, just plain don’t press hard enough, equally bad results. I’m best at piano and read sheet music fine, yet so slowly that I end up learning the piece by ear before I learn all the sheet music.

I have a strong aversion to high volumes so I’ve avoided concert hearing loss because I just don’t go.

I want to be good at everything, but honestly I’m just focusing on my newest instrument (voice) because it’s therapeutic and really helps my mental health. I’m more of a jack of all trades and can’t even hold a tool correctly in any of them :P. I focus on my songwriting when I can’t make way with performance, but the perfectionist in me thwarts me at every turn …

All you guys: I wanna share my singing, but I’m terrible, have almost no experience whatsoever, and I don’t have proper copyright or licensing for backing tracks to any songs that I can sing, so… :frowning:

Also I would never live through making those sounds public XD

You.Are.My.Hero. I have watched this 3 times :sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart: Carrie would be proud :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

if I just had her legs, then lookout Nashvegas lololololol

1 Like

Not a copyright lawyer. Would Fair Use allow me to just post a singalong? I’m thinking technically not and practically sure, but I prefer to stay 100% above board no matter how silly I think a particular law application is

1 Like

Idk. Prolly should reference artist… my sing along was of “Last Name” by Carrie Underwood … my fan base totals me, myself, and I so I’m good to go imo

1 Like

Post a singalong … (-:

1 Like

Eep now the pressure is on… I’ll sweat for weeks after posting haha! But I should go to bed, 6 AM …

1 Like

I’m not sure but I suspect if you have a cell phone there is karaoke apps too. You’ll do great when you’re ready, I just know it! :heart:

1 Like