My bro left me half a bottle of whiskey

My visiting brother, loving as he is oft comes with meat and liquor when visiting, I have been 17 days sober and didn’t drink yesterday, don’t know what to do with it now that I couldn’t find someone to give it to;… and the fact that it is a more expensive brand than most I don’t think I have it in me to pour it out… my mind is however gravitating around that issue and I can’t stop thinking about it… its already night here and I cant go out now… what to do?

1 Like

Throw it away. No alcohol at home. If there is alcohol, I empty the bottle - either I drink it (what I don’t want, that means bad sleep, hangover, restart) or I pour it down the sink.

Make it easy for you, you are worth it!
Pour it down the sink.

6 Likes

That all depends on you. How important is your sobriety to you? If I were in your shoes and kept it mulling it around in my head, i already know what would happen. My 35 days would most likely be gone. I’d have to open the bottle and pour it down the sink. Even if I had to do it with my eyes closed… stay strong!

6 Likes

You know what to do.

6 Likes

Get rid of it!

6 Likes

Do the fancy label and expensive price tag matter? it still is what it is, poison that will rob you of your sobriety and set you back at day one. Put it down the drain quickly without over thinking it anymore

11 Likes

I understand when you say you don’t want to pour it out because it’s a more expensive brand… but think about that for a minute…

… you could pour it down your throat, which leads to liver damage, organ damage, heart risk, stroke risk, hangover etc etc PLUS a reset, or…

… you can pour it down the sink, which means not only do you save yourself, but you save someone else from drinking it too.

It’s not that valuable after all. Chuck it out :hugs:

11 Likes

The money has already been spent. Better expensive victory than expensive relapse.

13 Likes

If you don’t like your neighbors you can always fling the bottle at their house. You can feel like you are getting your money’s worth.

10 Likes

I would pour it down the drain. Are your priorities less important than a price tag? Are you going to let a bottle control your fate? Are you going to put yourself below the value of a few ounces of alcohol?

3 Likes

Down the drain with it for sure. Expensive alcohol f**s up your life same as cheap.

8 Likes

Like everyone said:
DUMP IT!
Get rid of the temptation, why torture yourself?
Your sobriaty is worth more then ANY expensive whiskey!

5 Likes

Not even a question.

Not amount of money on a bottle is worth my sanity. Dump it. You’ll feel like a million bucks.

5 Likes

If you got it in your heart to quit it don’t matter if that bottle is there.im 13 days sober after 30 plus years of drinking.i still have a half a gallon of vodka sitting in the cabinet.You will be the one that has to put it in you mouth so be strong,put it out of sight out of mind.you got this it will stay in that bottle for ever and not hurt you.when your bro comes back say take it and don’t leave anymore behind.there is temptation everywhere,but you have quit for a reason that still hasn’t changed.you can do this

2 Likes

No matter the brand or how expensive it was, pour it down the sink :+1:

3 Likes

What is more important the expensive drink or your life ?

2 Likes

Some people seem to get to a point where being around alcohol isn’t a problem for them, and that’s great. I don’t think that’s as relevant for this situation. In this case, since the OP is reporting obsessions/temptations about it, there’s risk. Since it’s unnecessary in this case, with a simple solution, why play with fire?

I just get the sense that if waiting for another day to gift it was a non issue, this thread wouldn’t be here.

9 Likes

I drank for 1 reason, to get fuckin drunk.

Didn’t matter if it was 5 bucks or 500 bucks worth of booze. The regret, shame, and bile all taste the same after.

And a half bottle is hardly even a good start.

7 Likes

He left it behind so clearly he doesn’t care about the cost so just effen toss it.
YOU CAN DO IT!!

5 Likes

20 people telling you to dump that stuff should tell you what you need to do.

3 Likes