My first day sober 32977

Finally have admitted to myself I have an addiction problem and am taking the first steps to working on it and my future. Am a little shaky and a little scared…

13 Likes

The first step is to admitt it, for your self. Im happy for you, and cheering for you.

2 Likes

Welcome! Keep reading what you here and ask questions. There are a lot of great people here that want to help.

2 Likes

Welcome! You chose a really great sober community to be part of. This community has been the main reason I’ve been able stay sober, there’s a lot of love and support here. Read as much as you can, you can use the magnifying glass at the top right to search for subjects you might have questions about, and check out some of these great threads for beginners:
Resources for our Recovery
Consider checking in daily with us to set your intention each day to stay sober:
Checking in Daily
Expressing gratitude can help when you’re struggling to see what is worth fighting for and being sober for:
Daily Gratitude Thread

Join is at whatever level you feel comfortable but I’m glad you posted today! Hang in there!

3 Likes

Welcome! This place is a great first step. Read as much as you can on here, and participate. As you add up the sober days, it gets eaiser. Reach out often!

Trying to stay sober. I’m here

1 Like

Welcome! You’ve come to the right place. Very helpful people and a lot of support and great resources. Keep coming back and reading and posting, especially when you feel like backsliding, it’ll help. You’ve got this!

2 Likes

The first step is the hardest step, you are strong because you went ahead and took this step. You can continue Do not be afraid We are all here next to you, I am also in my first steps, today I will complete the first 24 hours without addiction, and you too can do it💪🏻

1 Like

Glad you’re here! Check out those links I posted, and keep coming back, Chef Adrian! :smiley:

1 Like