My first time here

I am 4 days sober too!!! I am hoping this group can keep me motivated as well

5 Likes

Welcome Joe and @wintergoil! It’s hard at the beginning but remember why you want freedom from it. :raising_hand_woman:

1 Like

Welcome, Joe! This forum has helped me so much, even just reading about other people’s ideas and struggles and triumphs keeps me going every day. If you haven’t yet, take a look at the checking in to maintain focus thread. I check in there with other folks and it helps me set my intention to stay sober each day. Hope to see you around!
And same to you @wintergoil and @newday2

3 Likes

I’m 4 days myself. 6 weeks off smoking cigarettes. Glad to be here and feeling positive.

5 Likes

@Jcm40
Glad to see ya here. I never had using friends. I was a closet case of destruction all by myself. I do know what it’s like to change everything I ever knew to recover. Im in the process, growing pains aren’t fun at all. Good news is, it gets better. I can promise you that. If you dont take the first drink or drug, you have a chance. Its not easy I know, but its so worth it. God didn’t intend us to live a life of suffering. Im ready to claim the life I deserve one day at a time.
Keep your chin up. Your not alone @wintergoil
@newday2

2 Likes

Welcome Joe,
Great start with 4 days in a row. That’s big.
I joined this forum a year ago. And it’s just the support I needed. Take a good read around and join in the conversations when you feel comfortable.

Here are two good threads to start:

Welcome to you too @wintergoil
Congratulations on 10 days. That’s great!!

3 Likes

Im behind you. Recovery is real. If you want it bad enough, you’ll have it. Hang in there. I rely on meetings and anything or anyone that supports my recovery. Self love is something I had to tackle… with it comes self care.
Keep coming back

2 Likes

Hi there and a warm welcome to you 🙋
I found this app more then 2 years ago and I’m here almost every day of it to read, learn and respond to others. This app is my peer group so to speak. The people around me are not addicted and do not know where I’m going trough. So I come here to share my milestones ore find help when I have cravings.
Congratulations with your double digits!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Here is some more info that might be helpful to you as you start to lean in here :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Jcm40, @wintergoil and @newday2 WELCOME!! it’s lovely to have you here :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I appreciate it!

1 Like

Thank you! Nice to meet you too

1 Like

Also, Joe, I’d take a hiatus from your using friends. You need to be selfish and focus on you.

1 Like

Welcome Jcm40, you have definitely found a great group of people,who will definitely help you along your journey to sobriety!

1 Like

Thank you DLS for the words of wisdom. I am starting to realize this. I’m sure I’ll find out who my true friends throughout this journey.

1 Like

Hey its my first time 2 I’m 9days and all my freinds have given in already I’m trying to stay strong :see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

Hey Teri2021! With the kind words I’ve seen and support I’ve received in the two days on here, I can tell this is a great group of people.

1 Like

Hey
Hope so I’m just having a read this forum seems great and just what I could do with.
Thank you

1 Like

Hey @littlemisschatterbox thank you that’s lovely
Yeah they can’t help it lock down ruined my mate he’s barber so I totally understood but for once I did just stand up and just go home told them I didn’t wanna ruin my 9 days but then Iv been restless here ever since but iv stayed thankfully lol sorry long reply lol will do :grin:

1 Like

Welcome I’m glad to talk with you. Been on this site for 23 days and I’m 23 days sober yes it’s tough but it’s worth it. This site helps me a lot I tell my wife it’s like having AA in my pocket. I believe in you!

1 Like