My Higher Power... God 🌹

I was brought up without any religion. Not even talk of it. Like, literally never mentioned, in any way, shape or form. Nothing spiritual was/is ever talked about. No denial or belief - just nothing. Interestingly, then, I have somewhat found my own path to it. And whilst I still do not have my beliefs or faith fully worked out or understood, I know that, having no faith, nothing- makes it difficult to find peace, reassurance, hope, acceptance and understanding. I’ve taken myself to a couple of different churches over the years, and this very strange thing has happened to me, almost every time. I ball my eyes out. The idea that ‘God loves me’ is …just… incredible to me. I never knew. I never knew I was worthy of God’s love. Even the word ‘God’ can feel a little uncomfortable for me, because I have such little understanding and very little knowledge of its connotations religiously. I often use the word ‘Universe’ instead. For some reason, I feel less of an impostor with ‘Universe’.

I have, at times now, come to know or feel God when I’ve been outside, alone, amongst nature - I feel like I see and feel a beautiful spiritual presence - whether it’s in the trees, the sun’s rays, flowers, or the clouds.

Anyway, thought I’d share. Not able to talk about this with any of my family - they become all awkward and think I’m a weirdo, lol. God, or the Universe, is definitely my higher power, too! :blush::heart:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Congratulations on ur 10 months!!! Wow amazing! Proud of you :smiley:

1 Like

10 months sober AMEN!

2 Likes

3 Likes

What a great reminder!

3 Likes

6 Likes

It’s amazing how God uses messes. He uses people that are messed up, and your mess can become your message if you’ll let it.

5 Likes

Your mess can become your message. I like that. Humbly reaching out for prayers. Vaping nicotine is next on the hit list. Love a miracle with a voice fom above saying " your free Dev" guessing I have to go through the withdrawal and cravings again.
Thanks

2 Likes

I’m going through a period of trying to rediscover my relationship with my higher power. I’m attending AA meetings daily and reading my Big Book. I just am having a hard time trusting in God. I’ve been through so much and I’m struggling. I bought two books on faith and I hope to re-attend church one of these days. Just having a hard time.

4 Likes

@michaeljlogan74 I feel for you not trusting God. It has to be a lonesome feeling. I grew up in a religious home. We attended church regularly, and my father was a Deacon. I had a lot of religion in my years, but my spirituality never developed until I got sober 15 months ago. I know now that without faith, I will have no sobriety, and without the good Lord, I’ll never see the Promises.

4 Likes

Hi @Delaine54 :smiley:
I appreciate your wise counsel. I love the Lord and Jesus Christ. I just need to get on my knees and pray! Ugh! I hope to go to church on Sunday. I’m ready to re-engage, just hard you know?

4 Likes

Hi all. I had a bust with the vaping. Still sober from alcohol and ciggies. Disappointed with myself after 52 days without vaping. Hoping to be back on track before passover.

1 Like

Ok @EisEDev - Pull yourself up and quit the vaping. You can do this-I believe in you!

Thanks Michael
Will do
Not planning on buying another one. Have wasted $150.00 on 3 vapes. 6000 puffs in each one. 18 000 puffs to many and I could have got a really good pair of tennis shoes with that money. I am disappointed in myself. Gotta really apply 1 Cor 10:13 to this one and not give into temptation again.

Hi @EisEDev -Wishing you well. Been thinking of you. How is the vaping?

Thanks for asking

2 Likes