My Higher Power... God 🌹

Love that passage!!!

1 Like

Here’s one I keep in my wallet:

“For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.”

Romans 15:4

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Highlighted and saved in my Bible app :+1: I’m coming up on the book of Romans in the Bible soon. Currently reading Acts.

2 Likes

The Bible while important. Is not absolute. Try “Meditations” by Marcos Aurelius .

1 Like

4 Likes

Great post :ok_hand:

1 Like

This got printed and staying in view. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

I think is speaking to those who challenge or threaten our sobriety with that verse. The biblical version of haters.

3 Likes

“I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them. I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭32‬:‭39‬-‭40‬ ‭NIV‬‬

What keeps you in Gods love? Fear. Fear of his almighty power will keep you safe in his love. Me choosing not to go out and drink, do drugs, and just not be a good human of this earth keeps me safe in his love. For if it is not of him, we will not be of him for eternity. The fear of God will keep you active in your daily faith, love, presence, and covenant (relationship) with God.

Just something we went over in church Sunday and my notes/thoughts I wanted to share here. Take care y’all :pray:

6 Likes

“No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭10‬:‭13‬ ‭

7 Likes

So there’s a rule you can’t make more than 3 posts in a row on a thread. Ima need some of y’all to share the love of Jesus with me and keep this goin.

Thankful for the blood of Jesus. Because it saves me from all my wretched ways :pray:

3 Likes

This is in my daily bible verses

6 Likes

How comforting is this :pray:

I thought so too. I like Psalm 34:4 as well.

Been reading Isaiah a bit and 5:22 is pretty up front about things.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I’m keeping that thank you :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Stay blessed sober fam :pray:

5 Likes

Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

A song for you @Butterflymoonwoman :heart:

3 Likes

And here’s one for the group or maybe just me lol. It’s old but I still :heart: it.

2 Likes

3 Likes