My Higher Power... God šŸŒ¹

Wednesday wisdomā€¦ā€¦
If you are making plans today, submit them to God. If Godā€™s answer is different from your plans, be ready to embrace the changes He makes :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

We tend to use prayer as a last resort, but God wants it to be our first line of defense. We pray when thereā€™s nothing else we can do, but God wants us to pray before we do anything at all

Most of us would prefer, however, to spend our time doing something that will get immediate results. We donā€™t want to wait for God to resolve matters in His good time because His idea of ā€˜good timeā€™ is seldom in sync with ours.

Oswald Chambers

2 Likes

Morning Prayer For Fellow-Prisoners

O God, early in the morning I cry to you.
Help me to pray
And to concentrate my thoughts on you;
I cannot do this alone.

In me there is darkness,
But with you there is light;
I am lonely, but you do not leave me;

I am feeble in heart, but with you there is help;
I am restless, but with you there is peace.
In me there is bitterness, but with you there is patience;
I do not understand your ways,
But you know the way for me.

O Heavenly Father,
I praise and thank you
For rest in the night;
I praise and thank you for this new day;
I praise and thank you for all your goodness
and faithfulness throughout my life.

You have granted me many blessings;
Now let me also accept what is hard from your hand.
You will lay on me no more than I can bear.
You make all things work together for good for your children.

Lord Jesus Christ,
You were poor and in distress, a captive and forsaken as I am.

You know all manā€™s troubles;
You abide with me when all men fail me;
You remember and seek me;
It is your will that I should know you and turn to you.
Lord, I hear your call and follow;
Help me.

O Holy Spirit,
Give me faith that will protect me
from despair, from passions, and from vice;
Give me such love for God and men
as will blot out all hatred and bitterness;
Give me the hope that will deliver me
from fear and faint-heartedness.
Amen

Detrich Bonhoeffer

Shortly before he was executed by Hitler in 1945

1 Like

Meditation for the Day

The rule of Godā€™s kingdom is perfect order, perfect harmony, perfect supply, perfect love, perfect honesty, perfect obedience. There is no discord in Godā€™s kingdom, only some things still unconquered in Godā€™s children. The difficulties of life are caused by disharmony in the individual man or woman. People lack power because they lack harmony with God and with each other. They think that God fails because power is not manifested in their lives. God does not fail. People fail because they are out of harmony with Him.

2 Likes

@michaeljlogan74
This song has helped me in some of my toughest times. I wanted to share it with you! Hugs!

Such a beautiful song. I really needed to hear those words of encouragement and grace. Thank you so much Dana for thinking of me.

1 Like

@Butterflymoonwoman @michaeljlogan74. Love it !!! Key word for today. Hope !! Have a blessed day guys !!!

Ur welcome! I listen to this song over n over sometimes and just bawl cuz I need that hope that things will get better. And they do Michael! I promise you they willā€¦ but they will get better only if we donā€™t use or drink. Keep trying and keep on fighting for urself and ur sobriety! I know you can do this :slight_smile:

1 Like

ā€œWhat we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition.ā€ Ive always known this but now finding this to be the core of my sobriety. @michaeljlogan74 @Butterflymoonwoman Praying that this day finds you surrounded by the Spirit in everything that is going on in your life.

1 Like

Love this and THANK YOU for the reminder. My recovery is extremely spiritual if not all spiritual based. The only way I have 79 days today is because of God and because I make the effort to connect spiritually daily every morning. The rare days I do miss for whatever reason, I feel it and experience it in everything I do. The temptations are stronger also and the urge to use increases. When I feel that and I feel off, I know itā€™s because I didnt pray, I didnā€™t read, and I didnā€™t ask God to be in the foremost part of my mind. I need to give God everything. And especially ALL of my thinking and acting :pray:

2 Likes

4 Likes

LOVE this! So impactful and relevant for me.
Thank you so much for sharing.

2 Likes

I pray you remain a testimony and inspiration to many more that are in the same path.
I pray God to come through for me, and I am seeking him.

2 Likes

Perfect reading for me today. Been a bit hard on myself lately

5 Likes

Awe thank u!!! That means alot! Hope you are doing well :slight_smile:

1 Like

God is good. I am doing well.
I am trusting him all through, how about you?

1 Like

Feeling not too bad today. Sort of ā€œoffā€ but nothing I canā€™t manage :slight_smile:

Sorry wassup? Get better soon.

1 Like

Oh Iā€™m okay now :slight_smile: thanks for being concerned tho. Just needed to pull myself out of it. I think itā€™s just a phase of living life on lifeā€™s terms lol :slight_smile:

Glad to hear :hugs:.
Believe you can and so shall be, have a beautiful day.

1 Like