My I've done it I fucked up

Well! How do I say I’ve been drunk since Thursday, I really worked at this. I feel so much disappointment

8 Likes

Important thing is youre back. Happy you are!

8 Likes

Hugs. Many of (all?) us have been there. Are u sober now? Hungover? Be kind to yourself until u have the strength to get back on the wagon and stay there.

5 Likes

Your here and that’s the main thing your not giving up . What happened to make u drink or drug again? What can u do different this time towards going forward in your recovery. ?

3 Likes

Many hugs and love! What everyone else is saying, you’re here now, you’re owning up and that’s the main thing. Happened to me almost a month ago now so I get how you’re feeling, dont punish yourself! It will only make you feel worse and might drive you closer to another relapse. Take care of yourself, seek comfort in something else like a hobby or a person or just Netflix and snacks, whatever your jam is. I’ve been struggling hard since Wednesday so I’m taking it out on an old piece of furniture, sanding the bahjesus out of that sucker :grimacing:
Reach out any time and take care :heart:

6 Likes

I went to my mates dad’s last bday ever. Who can’t get over he’s gay, and dresses like rupaul who I used to cage dance with

3 Likes

You sound cool. I love. Punk so me and alexa had some tunes xx

2 Likes

Are you disappointed that I have ? I’m back too day 1

1 Like

Nope not dissapointed. Step back on the wagon and things will get better for you.

Here for you!

5 Likes

Hahaha why thank you! Ah metal head here, tunes are great. Sanding down a cabinet to the rythm of Five Finger Death Punch really hurries things along :laughing:
Stay awesome! <3

2 Likes

Hello, Sarah!

It always sucks to slip/relapse. Always. What doesn’t suck (at least no in the long run) is getting right back at it. Give yourself some compassion. It’s much harder to start from a place of sadness, disappointment or negativity. So, get up. Dust yourself off. Start again. Remember it’s a gift you’re giving yourself, not a punishment.

When you say you were working so hard, may I ask how? What can you do differently now to change the outcome?

Get at it!

4 Likes

Now drink some water, rest your heart, forgive yourself, and focus on healing. We all deserve to be happy. You can do this thing. :blue_heart:

4 Likes

I feel your pain. Been there at points too. It is such a lonely feeling. It makes a person just want to say screw it but you know you want different or you wouldn’t have this app on your phone. If you make a pro and con list about drinking, it is a no-brainer. We sometimes just get caught up in a moment of weakness. If you could bottle this feeling of self loathing as a reminder and open this bottle instead of that bottle of booze-of-choice the next time you are tempted, you may decide the booze just isn’t worth it. Do you think it would help to physically make the pro and con list and put it in one of the empty booze bottles that you likely have in your recycle bin as a symbolic reminder for the next time you have the urge? Read the list before you actually take a future step towards repeating your recent long drinking weekend. Just a thought. You know deep down that this sucks big monkey chunks! (Someone said that phrase once and it stuck… haha). When you know better, you do better.

3 Likes

Five finger punch cum on sore throat lol

1 Like

Thank you I know what you say is right. I’m sorry x

2 Likes

I just reset back to day 1. Woke up with hangover and upset stomach.

1 Like

Sarah, no reason to say you’re sorry in your reply. Say sorry to only yourself if you make a new goal while using your current state as a jumping-off platform and you don’t fulfill your personal goal. You owe that to no one but yourself. Do what ever it takes to get through the next few days that will inevitably be lousy. After that, take a look again at all the posts you will have in this thread supporting you and know that you matter and deserve to feel whole. Hugs to you, my friend.

1 Like

Sarah,

This is your journey. There is no reason to apologize to us silly. We are here to encourage you to come back on the wagon and sit with us.

So reset to day one, make new goals, share with us and before you know it those days are going to add up 1 at a time.

One of the best little saying I got out of this board was . “Yeah I can have a drink, today is not the day, maybe tomorrow” each time when there is that temptation I say that to myself. I’m also a horriable procrastinator so I keep procrastinating the drink to the next day. :wink:

4 Likes

You up for an online AA Zoom meeting tonight mate? :grinning:

1 Like

Me too! Been drunk since Friday, and back on day 0. I’m back in the fight with you!

1 Like