My life & questioning sobriety

Oh boy, you got a lot on your plate. Sending positive vibes your way.

Thank you Sassy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Lisa :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok writing helped. I got through- and now i can vent in person some more- my husband got back home from an out of country trip. Still mad and sad but a little less spinning in the head. Hoping I’ll get more sleep. Still ughhhhhh- but still throwing darts- one day an idea will stick.
This is one of my favorite quotes. I’m glad it popped up in my tracker

2 Likes

I need to be more consistent in working out… I wake up and tell myself I will, but want to have my coffee first- and most days get side-tracked! Or I have a meeting and miss my T/Th strength class- so trying to fill in the other days or at least make up the T/Th workouts. I feel like the fit of my pants are trending in the wrong direction- hahaha. Not good for summer!

I hashed it out with my friend- I guess that is smoothed over, but I’m still cautious and worried about how long until I feel comfortable again. And for the business it is like famine and then too much at once! life always goes like that… nothing nothing nothing- juggle everything- then repeat.
some things in the works.

trying to keep things in line, without messing up some of those business relationships. It’s either watch the competition come in - or be the competition… I guess I’d rather be the competition and make the money instead of watch someone else do it- especially if they are coming here anyway!
so here’s 1333. and hoping to hit my gym.

5 Likes
  1. Just checking in. Things are cruising. Summer is winding down. What was bothering me before had settled. Still looking for some new hobbies. All good.
4 Likes

Hope everyone is having a good day- Took a stroll to the beach- here’s a Pic of the sunset last night

6 Likes

Great picture.

2 Likes

My 1400th day was yesterday- I noticed it was coming up on my tracker a few days ago and wanted to mark it as a good day. But the day took quite a turn, so I never got my screenshot on my tracker.

I was working a boat for a small company get together and tour around the area. Some sand bars, some waterfront restaurant stops. The boat is a little big for a single handed trip- but figured it would be all right. I ended up getting my ring finger smushed by the windlass and anchor chain. The boat is not one I usually operate- and the owner said there was an issue and I tried to do what he said, “you have to guide the rope to the chain because it doesn’t switch automatically”. Basically a problem he knew about that I was trying to jimmy-rig by myself. Pulling anchor and not having a person at the helm, I was nervous and probably rushing- since I didn’t want to drift and run aground. Good times. Smushed good- ended up with a small fracture and 3 stitches from urgent care after the trip.

I have severe anxiety about needles and stitches, probably from having numerous accidents and injuries. So I pretty much turn into a mess when they are injecting the numbing needles and trying to do the stitches. Which is weird because I ran the boat for about 4 hours after the injury to finish their trip; I bandaged it twice with the help of a local restaurant. But when you get me in a Dr office with needles and knives I lose it. Really wish I had some anxiety meds at the Dr’s!

​So long story short. I can get through B.S. without booze. Even when my nerves are at my worst. If I can, any of us can.

6 Likes

So sorry about injury. Congratulations on 1400 days
IMG_1371

1 Like

Ouch on your hand/fingers!!! Big congratulations on your 1,400!!! A very big deal!!! :birthday::partying_face:

Thank you so much Sassy!

1 Like

Yay! Congratulations on 1400 days! That’s awesome!
Sucks about your finger. Ouchie!

Thank you Lisa!!!

1 Like

I’m so beyond irritated with my medical options where I live. Day #6, finally have apt with primary care to get my ortho referral today and she cancels - and tells me to go to urgent care again. Probably to early for stitches removal, but I need to try to get the ortho referral. Urgent care doesn’t understand- and their co-pay is a lot higher.
VA is so backed up- they put me in a weird circle last week- can’t get dr apt until urgent care records uploaded- but went in circles with 4 depts to try and get that done- walked about a mile around the facility. Never saw my dr- but she’s supposedly going to refer me to ortho- but lord knows how long that might take. Meanwhile my finger looks crooked… hurts… and I can’t get a dam dr apt. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

2 Likes

Well- I thought I was done with stitches… I finally got to an Ortho on Tuesday and he wanted Surgery on Wednesday. My nail wasn’t growing- and apparently i smushed my nail bed pretty deep. So reconstruction to try and get my nail in the right spot and pieced together to grow. So stitches again… and he thinks I might need reconstruction again in the future depending on how this grows… yeah.

I got the Ortho through the VA of all things- I was able to convince a scheduler to squeeze me in, and they gave me some story about their triage process and as long as I’m seen within a month (from their call- NOT injury date?!?!?) it’s OK. I get triage- and yes it’s just a finger break, but it is an Injury- Not like a slow onset problem. Which completely contradicted what the DR said when I saw him- He said he’d hoped to see me sooner- It might already be to late to save my nail bed.

STILL haven’t heard from my paid insurance referral… week 3- ugh- I really want to file a formal complaint- This was an acute injury and 3+ weeks to see a dr is insane!

Sorry- just venting- our health care is so out of whack :frowning: and this is sad for me because I had really gotten into doing my nails myself (never did them while in military due to the regulations- and bought a bunch of fun halloween stuff to do… ugh

3 Likes

Oh no! Sorry to hear the injury is more complicated than original thought. Sending you healing vibes.

Thank you so much Lisa! :star_struck::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like