My life & questioning sobriety

Two tough days ahead - but i have 1 MONTH on my counter & overall feel pretty great! Last time i hadn’t drank for a month was early this part year jan-mid feb. Most times don’t make it past a weekend or much less any evening having a drink on the patio with my neighbor every week… So there’s that :blush:
Going to look up an AF mulled cider /wassail drink for the two dinners we are hosting. His parents know I’m not drinking right now for a “diet”- my friends sort of know, but not really, just know i haven’t ordered alcohol lately. So that will be hurdle tomorrow. But i will be good. Have plenty of AF drinks in the fridge.
I noticed lately my phone has been auto-correcting try to Will. I’m digging that subconscious shift. I won’t try - i WILL be ok

9 Likes

Awesome job on one month. Absolutely LOVE the auto correction.

1 Like

Congratulations on your month :raised_hands:

1 Like

Been waking up crazy early on my own - I’m guessing most of my body main recovery “healing” has happened. Not having to take go-to-sleep aids either which is nice. Either that or a bit of my stress & anxiety have leveled out… Rather strange not needing sleep & wake me up (tons of coffee) help as bad each day!
Have a happy day!

4 Likes

Sounds like you are doing great!!! I’m happy for you.

1 Like

Hosted my brother’s family, nieces & nephews to bed early last night. We stayed " up " to watch Eastern time New years (we’re central :joy:). Toasted NY with sparkle apple juice! Then to bed. And clear- headed enough today to take the kids to the boardwalk & ride some rides :gift_heart::heartpulse:. All in all success. Although my brother & sister in law don’t drink much, and haven’t since arriving. I feel kinda bad, they drank over the summer when visiting. But say they don’t feel like it if no one else is. So kinda feel like i ruined everyone’s part time. Maybe they just drank because i did :woman_shrugging::thinking:

5 Likes

#51 down
You know what? I know i think i said this before, but Being sober is hard… There’s so many more things to do! I actually did work I’ve been postponing because it irritated me, just knocked it out yesterday. Didn’t bother me as much. Yesteday after work also went to the grocery store and jammed to some music while cooking chili for my husband who was on an all day fishing trip in the cold (instead of getting drunk & ordering take out)… :unamused:
Vacuumed to car & installed new floor mats… Went to some dr apts (have some issues i have to deal with, but i seem ok with it) worked on my new cert application with a clear head, understood the directions. Im pretty sure I’m remembering more easily…

So yes, it is a lot of work. But I’m accomplishing way more everyday then i was. And I’m generally happier about it.

In comparison, i see my neighbor who both her and her spouse drink a lot, put her dog down a month or so ago… Still drinking her sorrows and they are fighting a lot. I don’t want to suggest a break from booze, mentioned it several months ago when i was considering it over the summer and she’s sure her husband certainly wouldn’t, and she won’t because of that. So i think i see how they could benefit, but i know its not my business.

Anyway, just entering a “journal” entry…
Hope you all have a great day!

3 Likes

#63 - moving along. Haven’t been keeping daily updates, but i suppose that’s OK.
Finished some house projects past couple weekends, tried not to kill my spouse. Maintained mostly level head. :+1::joy:
Rejoined our gym, feeling good working out in class again. Not making progress on my weight goals this month, but I’ll get there. One thing at a time :blush:

5 Likes

I think I’m on #75 just started a long over due vacation with some friends. Had a bunch of dr apts, determined I’m allergic /sensitive to eggs and a food mold (commonly found in products with yeast & surprise surprise - most alcohol)
So at least I’m not crazy and now have some medical explanation of my crazy migraines when i drink. And maybe why i get them when not drinking also. Trying to stay the course for my 100 days goal. Not drinking here will be hard, but I’m going to try. I really hate my migraines, so i can hopefully pull strength from that. But i do miss being tipsy. Husband’s been real supportive- so thankful for that. And friends back home finally stopped making a deal out of it :open_hands:

2 Likes

82.99! Holy crap. Got back yesterday from a vacation on the slopes. I did it, sober vacation! Hubs only had a beer at dinner one night, or was it two? Friends barely drank also. No one brought booze to the condo or the hot tub :flushed: so different. And so amazed i didn’t really feel like i missed out. We did go to this awesome brew house for dinner one day, but they had kombucha, so i ordered that :+1:
Today is valentine’s day. Did laundry, catch up on chores & cooked. Hot cocoa for dessert… I’m starting to feel secure. Scared of some situations, but getting better. Unfortunately the wrinkles are still under my eyes, they arent going away this time. just wish I’d had this strength when i was younger. I could have saved myself a lot of wear & tear

7 Likes

I often wondered what vacations would look like…your words give me hope! I’m like 66 days in, and I still have to internally have the “your not doing that anymore” conversation with myself…but then, I guess that’s gonna happen when you drink almost half your life :roll_eyes:

I just wanted to say thank you for your thread…it’s one I revisit and I’m proud of you, and I’m proud of us!

Wishing you continued victories, health and world of happiness!

Blessings to you!!!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::sun_with_face::ocean:

4 Likes

Aww! Thank you so much @TudorDee!! Those were such kind words! I’ve just been randomly throwing thoughts down in here as i go.

Been a crazy week here since we got back. A little cold weather took out the whole state! I’ve had to have people over to cook for & help keep warm in the power outage. But no drinks so far! Almost didn’t even think of it (even when playing some card games) until logging in here :flushed:

I have to think about “not drinking” also, and I’m mainly worried about warmer weather (you know that whole margarita at the beach or on the boat or at pool thing) but it is easier and easier to just grab my seltzer water & squirt some crystal light in there :grin:

Congrats on your 66 (probably 68 by now :+1:) keep doing what you’re doing and keep improving!!!

Woot woot!!!

1 Like

Oh my heart breaks for all you folks in Texas…the State is just not equipped for this, and it hurts to see so many struggling. I praying for ya…praying for everyone down there right now. Hopefully the temperature will rise some, and then the clean up will begin. I’m hoping they get that grid updated so weather events like this won’t be as devestating in the future.

I am SO proud of ya holding your ground and remaining AF during all this…You are definately strong; if you didn’t think so before…this should :100: prove it!

Yea, summer makes me nervous too…I mean I always had a reason to drink, and warm weather where the sun is shining longer tempted me for sure. Back porch nights were definately a thing, but like you I have new beverages I’m getting use too that are Healthy and will leave me hang over free in the morning!

You have a great energy…super positive and inspiring. Thank you for that…people like you make this journey enjoyable, and people like you help me to know what we’re doing is doable :grinning:

Please, if you can let me know how your doing down there…prayers, light and love being sent your way!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::pray:t2::sun_with_face:

1 Like

So i passed the 3 month mark couple days ago! Close to my 100 mark. I really do like being free from the pull & control that booze had on me. It would just take over, like a compulsive reaction grabbing whatever & downing it. I’m not hiding my drinks from anyone & trying to make sure i secure a buzz before anyone comes home.

I do miss the numb, just had a section of skin cancer removed & was actually really hoping they’d give me a good pain pill. No such luck, but it’s probably better that way.

I’m afraid to go back to who i was. My husband wants to know what I’ll decide at my 100 day goal. I think i know, just scared to admit it yet.

3 Likes

100!
Woot woot!
I really don’t think about drinking hardly at all anymore… Today would’ve been hard 4 months ago. Home teleworking, spouse will be home late… Would usually start imbiding not long after lunch…
I have a lot of AF substitutes in the fridge, haven’t touched any in several weeks.
I’m loving the lack of headaches & get so much more done - week days & especially weekends!

10 Likes

Amazing! I hadn’t followed your thread, but I’m so glad I clicked on this to see your milestone and help celebrate!!! Congrats on :100:

1 Like

Reading where you were at and what you’ve accomplished is amazing. What a transformation.It gives me faith that we can achieve sobriety. I’m about to celebrate 60 days on Monday and I’m so happy. I feel better. I think differently and am beginning to see life in a new way.Thank God for this.

2 Likes

Thank you @RosaCanDo!
Im keeping the log so i can see it also. It’s easy to forget that i would just sneak inside and chug whatever would be easy to hide from my spouse & friends. I need to remember that.

2 Likes

Hi @Inneed, yeah i hope so! I’ve done a month or two here and there and always slipped back to the same depressed binge drinker. I feel so much better now the thoughts aren’t controlling my day!

2 Likes

Just take it one day at a time. You got this

1 Like