My second time around alcoholic

@Smedley448 hey nick! Welcome back to sobriety. I understand. Ok was sober for 2 years and then thought something like im older I’ll be in Control now. :roll_eyes: and I was for a time. Then 7 years later I’m killing myself not so slowly… Drowning in vodka every single day. So I found this place identified and removed triggers and surrounded myself with people that have my back. I pick up a phone instead of a bottle. Theres always someone to remind me why its a terrible idea.

5 Likes

Thanks, it’s not easy is it?

1 Like

No but it does get easier… I’m 60+ days this time and even with a hellish life right now I dont think about drinking often. A couple times a week and I come straight here or call a sober buddy and the moment passes as quickly as it came.

4 Likes

Makes me glad to see you around and sober Nick. You know, for me life in general isn’t easy. Being sober has given me the chance to make it better though. It’s work, and hard work at that at times. But it’s working. One day at a time. Keep going friend. You’re doing good. .

2 Likes

Thanks means a lot

1 Like

68 days today, I’m rocking it. Good mood today, good luck to all the suffering out there

4 Likes

Today I’m struggling, I am totally pissed off. No one is listening to me, feel let down right now, I’m still sober but situations like this are not helpful

1 Like

Drink lots of water…

1 Like

68…well now 76(?) days. Doing great. Frustration is not only part of recovery at times, but life, too. Hang in there!

1 Like

Still struggling with depression, no urges to drink tho, some days I can’t be arsed with this stuff, I feel like a failure

1 Like

90days today, it’s a milestone, feels good

4 Likes

That’s a big one Nick, big congrats! You’re doing it!

1 Like

Thankyou I will beat this

1 Like

Oh yaaaay congratulations :sparkles:

1 Like

110 days for me, sober for life now. I can see Xmas being difficult, never gone a Xmas without drink but I WILL do it this time

2 Likes

That’s a long way away yet. I find getting too caught up in thoughts about the future puts my head in a spin. That’s why we take it one day at a time :hugs:

You’re here today and you’re doing it!

3 Likes

120days in

9 Likes

Fantastic! Great news, well done :slight_smile:

How are you feeling at the moment?

1 Like

Excellent work Nick! Big congrats friend, keep going.

1 Like

I’m ok actually thanks, feeling good

1 Like