My second time around alcoholic

Thankyou very much

Great job!!!

1 Like

Awesome!! Congrats Nick!! :tada:

1 Like

Today I feel bad I have an abscess in my mouth and I feel dizzy and ill

Today I feel like shit, I hate my life, depressed is putting it mildly. I don’t want to drink still boy if I did I wouldn’t stop till I was out of here

I feel the same. I’m not going to say that I’m depressed, but I’m really extraordinarily miserable. Really feel like drinking, but I know that when I’m not feeling like this, I don’t want to drink. The only promise that I have made to myself is that I won’t do it when I’m emotional. If I still want to drink when I get back onto an even keel, I will do.
Let’s stick with it together, mate.

1 Like

Came close to falling off the wagon last night.
At a restaurant and asked for a alcohol free beer, the guy brought it out and I started to pour it when I noticed the label which said 4.5 per cent, for a split second the urge to drink it was very intense but I managed ( god knows how ) to give it back to the waiter and tell him he made a mistake lol… pheeew

2 Likes

You did well there. I bet you could almost taste it. Well done.

1 Like

I am really struggling with depression right now somedays are so hard , I’ve been 5 months sober now and I’m coping quite well I think . Is anyone else struggling with depression right now and how are they dealing with it. Thanks nick.

7months and smashing it … go me xxxxx

6 Likes

Hi!!! Welcome and you are amazing for wanting help and to get and stay sober. I made maybe 4 months sdry and then slowly started again and things escalated very quickly and got very bad. So I guess this would be considered my second sobriety again but first in program
I go to aa like 2-3x a week it has helped a lot
Message anytime!

1 Like

Heck, YEAH! @Smedley448

Data-yes

2 Likes

Love it, Nick. Turns out we are almost sober twins. My 7 months was on the 3rd. Feels great, doesn’t it?!

1 Like

Hi this is my second time too, I got too complacent last time. I’m sure you can do it this time, life is so much better sober I think xx

1 Like

It sure does, happy anniversary twin! We can do it. And too be fair I think I’ve got it this time
Xx

1 Like

Hi I am still going strong , I’m approaching 8 months and although I am suffering and have been suffering for years with depression I can honestly say that I think this time I’m strong enough to do this. Anyone reading this I hope you can see that it is possible to do. Even on bad days the urge to drink isn’t there

9 Likes

Hey! I’m so proud of you for getting back into trying. 7 months is huge and you can do it again. It will fly bye!! I got about 3-4 months on my own and went back out so this is my second sobriety too, first in AA. I’m here if you need to chat!!!
I love checking in on here it helps a lot!

Do you like tea or soda? I sometimes find drinking that helps surf the urge on Friday nights :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so proud of you!!

I drink lemonade in a pint glass lol

Are you getting any support with your mental health? It’s great to hear you’re feeling more hopeful about it, but just like with sobriety we don’t need to do it alone.

I have recently contacted my local Mind after being referred back into the mental health team through the GP. No idea how long the wait will be but first time it was over a year before I got to speak to anyone. My local Mind has groups and one to support available with no waiting list - with options to be referred for counselling. Another local mental health charity has a structured support programmed which has a 6 week waiting list. Just putting it out there in case it’s something you hadn’t considered. I wish I’d done this years ago! :pray: :sparkling_heart:

2 Likes