My start to sobriety

I’m 16 hours perc free. I wanted to kill myself honestly because the shakes and not being able to sleep. My son and dad is the only thing saving me. My dad gave me a withdrawal medication and I’m feeling better for now. I’m trying to find a inpatient facility. I just need some emotional support. I can’t wait to look back and be a year sober . This time next month I’ll be better God willing.

11 Likes

Welcome Lo
Have a good read around. There’s lots of great info and great people on here willing to help.
Here are two good threads to start:

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:

1 Like

Thank you. It’s just so hard. Feel like I got rock bottom

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Ur on the right path! Hope ur able to get into an inpatient facility soon. Just think tho, stay on the path of sobriety and ull never have to go thru the shakes and restless nights every again :slight_smile: wishing u all the best ☆

2 Likes

Sorry it is so rough but it’s wonderful you have support from your dad and son. I hope you are able to find a rehab facility asap. You will be feeling much better in a month. Wishing you the best!

1 Like

I promise things will get better. Keep your head up and welcome. We are all here for you and want you to succeed.

1 Like

Thank you :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you sm❤️

My husband left for work on August 30th, 2022 and he never came back home again. He entered a porta potty with some foil, tooter and a fentanyl pill and he began to smoke it. He died before he could even finish the pill. He passed away at 8:07am alone, of an overdose. I thought it was just fun and games when we first started, I knew nothing about addiction and in the end, it ended up taking nearly everything from me.
I want you to know, you’re a special gift. Your talents need to be used. You have love and knowledge to share with the world. This is a battle for your life. Literally. Fight for it. I know this because I was you. I am you. I know the stigma. I know how it’s easier to hide then ask for help. I promise though, you can recover. You may come out crawling with claw marks from a fight you both won and lost at but you can make it out. This I know, no matter how desperately discouraging the situation seems, as long as there’s breath in your body, there is hope. I encourage you to find that hope, and run with it. Don’t waste the time you’ve been given, once it’s gone you can’t get it back. I believe in you. I’m rooting for you. If I can recover, I KNOW you can also❤️

7 Likes

Ima cry :sob::sob: thank you. I lost my baby father last October it just made a year the 15th. So I know you pain. That’s why im tryna get clean for my child im all he got. I appreciate your words. This literally the hardest thing I ever done. :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Oh I know it is girl. It took my husband and the father of my children dying to wake me up. He died 4 days after we got home from rehab leaving me a widow and single mother at 32 years old. It’s going to be the fight of your life but you can do it. I’ve been clean 13 months. I refuse to leave my kids with no parents and more devastation. I’ve wanted to relapse many times but just take it minute by minute girl. Each day you don’t use strength is being built inside of you. You are going to have to feel the grief of his loss full force and it will be brutal but there is also beauty there at ground zero, as you rummage through debris picking up the left over pieces and creating something new for you and your baby. I promise you will live again not just survive. His memory will one day bring you more joy than pain. Show that baby the other side of addiction. Show him some of us really do make it out and recover. :heart: I’m cheering you on, you are not alone momma. Sending you so much love during this dark time of your life. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy will eventually come in the morning :heart:

5 Likes

Keep it up. I am sure it is very hard

Percs is a tough one. I feel your pain. Good you are trying to find a facility.
I got hooked on percs after a hip surgery when I had 9 years sober off of alcohol! It was a messy road. I still miss them.
But if I had them, it would never be enough. And they stop giving a buzz when you use them all the time. So either way it’s a loser situation. Not to mention, they’re super hard to get now and very regulated.
I wish you all the best, come back here and share anytime. :heartpulse::heartpulse: