Need motivation or a push

I thought I quit but bought more coke today still cant go 3 days. But I’ve been listening to a lot of motivational speakers and I really want to change this time. I cant stop crying and my heart is beating so bad. I dont want this life my kids deserve better. I want to dump it in the toilet I really want this to be the end of this I’ve wasted enough money and time. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

If that’s what you want to do, do it!

What can you do instead? Go for a walk? Eat something? Meditate? Sleep? Put your focus into something that WILL serve you and actually make you feel good, not just give you a short chemical high followed by a horrible crash - I’m sure I don’t need to tell you about the sleep deprivation, anxiety, agitation…

Here’s a link to some meditations if you haven’t tried it before:

And if you haven’t seen this thread already I would recommend it, lots of good advice :blush:

2 Likes

Awe you’ve been on and off of this site for some time now. A while back you posted about rehab, did you get the info you were looking for? I would recommend it if your still co battling substance abuse and an eating disorder. Keep us posted!

4 Likes

There is nothing you can’t do. With the drive and determination, you can accomplish anything, you really can. And you can start today. Start by educating yourself. Learn what it takes to live a life of sobriety. Learn what adjustments you need to make. Learn what your drug of choice does to your body and mind. Learn about the detox process and expected withdrawal experience. As Russell Wilson says, “The separation is in the preparation.” Once you are armed with education you are ready to take the next step and take action.

Just remember, you can do this. Countless people have done it before you, you are no different. You got this.

2 Likes

Flushed it

6 Likes

Not as eloquent as Dan but yeah you got this!! Course you have. We’ve all got this! Just concentrate on today!

2 Likes

If nothing changes, nothing changes. For me, I had to find what pulled me to alcohol. Once i figured that out, i changed. Was it easy…hell no…but I finally figured out that I was worth a sober life. I found a program that worked for me…AA. Talking to other alcoholics really helped.

You can do this, you are worth a sober life.

2 Likes

shoves Zelda into the middle of the herd

Now you’re one of us. Find some type of program that works for you and work it, it’s your life at stake, your sanity, your future. No one will be able to do it for you.

Lot of good advice given already, take it to heart and believe in yourself.

4 Likes

Decide to be better, and then be better.

Decide clean is better, and be clean.

Be willing to do anything, try anything to help you stay clean, even if it makes you uncomfortable doing it.

Get comfortable being uncomfortable. No growth happens in one’s comfort zone.

Radically change your life. If a person or a place is detrimental to your staying clean, remove them from your life, or remove yourself from that place.

More often than not, failure is a result of lacking commitment to victory, than it is in an ability to succeed. Those who dare, win.

1 Like

Love it mate. Commitment is the word. 2 weeks in and I’m starting to think that it’s not that bad, I can just drink socially! But NO. I’ve been there done that and passed out in the t-shirt. This is it. For life! Thank you for your words of wisdom😊

2 Likes

I’ve had to make a completely different lifestyle change. The last time I drank was the day before I started treatment. I bought a bunch of booze and pot and wanted one last hurrah… Three beers in and I started thinking, “This isn’t the right mindset into beginning a life of sobriety.” So, I dumped the rest of the booze down the sink and I prayed to get sober. I felt like shit. We all have to start somewhere. I’d flush it, but that’s my opinion.

2 Likes

Ever Google images of what cocaine does to your body?

2 Likes

No but I’m going to do it right now

1 Like

1 Like

Gaaaaahhhhhhhhh!:flushed:

2 Likes

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

That said, I remember as a child seeing a smoker’s lung at the Boston museum of science and thinking that if only my uncle could see it, he would obviously quit smoking.

Some years later I picked up the habit myself and smoked on and off for about 10 years. I feel disgusted just thinking about it…

2 Likes

The damage we do to ourselves :disappointed:

1 Like