Neighborhood Coffeehouse Gos-Sipping

21:50
Or 9:50 pm

So your east coastish, NY is 4 hrs behind us. Just re-did the math a bit further west than NY.
It doesnā€™t really matter, but, the alki in me needs to know, these trivial things.
Itā€™s something that I canā€™t shake and will probably always be there, but if thatā€™s the only left over from being a practicing alcoholic I can live with it.
? Why do we (UK) call it ā€˜practicing alcoholicā€™?
I was really good at it, I didnā€™t need to practice.
What I really need is the my drinking time back for life practice.

2 Likes

Yeah eastish usa

1 Like

If you start seeing pink elephants or purple dinosaurs scurrying around the town please call your doctor immediately.

2 Likes

If I do Iā€™ll certainly do that, after Iā€™ve given the elephants buns and the dinosaurs what ever they want to eat that isnā€™t me :innocent:

2 Likes

In all seriousness are you doing ok?

1 Like

Iā€™m feeling a lot better thanks, but, I wonā€™t be using patches again! Iā€™m going to get some nicotine pens instead; I really need to give up the cigarettes.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a Stop Smoking thread.

Lots of good info there on quitting smoking
In my experience cold turkey was best. Nicotine just made me want to smoke more. And youā€™re right with the 21 mg it definitely did raise my nicotine level and made me want more nicotine.
Iā€™m glad you realized that much of a patch was not good for you.

1 Like

Thank you, I appreciate your help, Iā€™ll have a read of the thread, anything that helps is good :blush:

2 Likes

@Lezourez Cold turkey :turkey: 20 years ago. Maybe one of the easier things Iā€™ve ever kicked. My girlfriend, now my wife told me I smelled gross so that was that :no_smoking:

3 Likes

Cold Turkey twenty years ago after wasting, time, money and effort on nicotine replacement for years with the nicotine always dragging me back in. Me ā€”> Take off patch. Shower. Smoke ten cigarettes. Put patch back on.
Everybody has to find their own way. So glad I walked away from it. We are all stronger than cigarettes.

3 Likes

Posted this on the sober selfie page but I thought Iā€™d sling it on here as well as the goatee is almost back to normal after the CATccident or was it a Catastrophe :joy:

4 Likes

Feeling better?

Much better thanks, no more pain and no more tablets :+1::grin:

2 Likes

Sadly our Border Collies KT lost her short battle with aggressive Lymphoma this morning :sob:

3 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry @Lezourez ā€¦ very sad.

Thank you.

1 Like

A friend phoned me yesterday evening and asked if I was looking for a pup!
Nobody but my daughter and this thread know that KT has passed!
After discussing it over with my wife, weā€™ve decided to go and look at the pups this morning.
It feels a bit too soon, but, as I havenā€™t spoken to my friend since October itā€™s really spooky, weā€™ll go and look and see what pans out.

3 Likes

Well weā€™ve got a new addition to the menagerie, another Border Collie, black with white socks and blaze.
Weā€™ve calling him Aengus (pronounced Angus) he is the Celtic (Irish) God of youth, love, summer & poetic inspiration.
As we lost KT on Valentines day it seems to fit and will be a memorial to her, not that sheā€™ll ever be forgotten.
Heā€™s made himself right at home stealing Dylans & the cats toys.
Hereā€™s a few pictures.

9 Likes

Cinnamon sugar topped affogato

@Lezourez good luck potty training! :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes