New and hit rock bottom

The online meetings like suggested and I love sobriety literature and podcasts. I will say you seem to have a good attitude about this. The dui sucks, but no one was hurt and you are sober today. My rock bottom was necessary, and I’m glad it wasn’t too late for me. Welcome to this community.

3 Likes

Hey all. Just wanted to end the night by saying listened in on a meeting. Actually tired now because I painted as well. Thank you for filling my sober night with such insight. I can see through the dark night so thanks!

7 Likes

I’m glad you were able to listen in on a meeting and even painted! Wow! What are you working on? A room or a canvas? Just curious :sweat_smile:

Big hugs to you. Here’s to another day sober! So proud of you

2 Likes

I feel for you. You’re almost past the worst part of quitting. I’d put on a good movie or show, get in some comfy pjs, and cuddle up with some good food. I agree with what you said about the universe telling you to stop. I had it happen In my own way. Your higher power has a funny way of working things out. However u perceive it welcome that shit in. I’m not religious but being open to the little miracles is dope. Everything will work itself out! Stay strong you’re doing great!

3 Likes

Canvas. If I knew how to add pictures I would post it. I use a dry air clay and acrylic. The meeting was good.

2 Likes

If you click on the little mountain and sun frame it’ll open the menu for pictures to upload.

Wow I’ve never heard of dry air clay. It sounds interesting :smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ll click it. Yeah I like texture and 3d things.

This one is my night sky my version I guess

4 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: wow! That looks amazing! I would like to do something like that but wouldn’t know where to start :sweat_smile:

You’re extremely talented :blush:

Edit : not sure where the “:flushed:” came from :sweat_smile: i fixed it

4 Likes

I think you’d enjoy this thread :blush:

2 Likes

Just meant I cannot reply all I want. Restrictions on here for newbies. In other thoughts painted three paintings haven’t been out but to the store. Feeling anxious but trying to keep busy. Feeling tired. Shew guilt sure takes it toll. It’s like I’m just waiting to see what happens at work court and work shew I’m scared but trying to be hopeful. I cannot see past my worry right now but guess I will. Keep telling myself chin up but when you do not feel hopeful or like much it sucks! Still beating myself up I guess and it just sucks. Rant concluded shew

1 Like

That’s really good. The first thing I saw was people falling?

I guess people can interpret it differently.

The more you are on here the more privilege’s you gain. It won’t take long…
SO glad that you were able to keep yourself busy today and more paintings (3 paintings) -that’s impressive - you are very talented. Looking forward to seeing your artwork. You should really start showing if off on the thread mentioned above by @Scorpn
It’s normal to be scared of the unknown especially when you have the court date ahead. You are making improvements so I do feel like things will work out for you.
What are you doing tonight to keep your mind occupied? Are you able to do any meditations to calm your anxiety?

1 Like

The painting is my meditation for now. I took a long shower now watching the tube and resting. Anxiety not too bad this evening. Relaxed and just chilling. Will eat something soon…drank some pineapple juice makes me feel better. What are you up to tonight? Believe I’ll get back to exercising soon for now just want things to be over with. I want to know where I stand as far as getting to work.

1 Like

Painting is a great form of meditative release. Glad you are relaxing and chilling now - enjoy the evening. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully will get you some answers. Do you not have any way to get to work at the moment? Can someone take you if that is the case?
I’ve just finished eating dinner. Catching up on some accounting paperwork while watching a cheezy hallmark type movie in the background.
I am super tired but trying to wait out the sleep so that I sleep throughout the night. Just hope I don’t wake my self up fully :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah for now I can get to work. Go in the morning but have tell them I’m leaving at noon. They won’t like it. We used to be able to work at home if we couldn’t make it in. They stopped that. A lot of changes since after Covid and new head people. No one goes to the town I work in every day so will need transportation if I lose license I know I know thinking way too ahead but it’s the only way I pay the bills. I was told I was too young to be a widow back in 2015…yup really. Anyway glad you are relaxing. I’ve been binge watching Hulu today on one series. The day is starting to feel longer. I’ll have to stay up to in order to sleep. I usually wake up once or twice a night. Then I get up at 530 for the day shew maybe I’ll start having more energy this week. I’m looking forward to waking up feeling not sick now and going on to work yay!!

1 Like

Yes - lets not get worked up over something that hasn’t happened yet - thats a recipe for disaster. Oh how glorious it will feel to wake up clear headed with no hangover tomorrow.
amy-schumer-waking-up

Welcome to a supportive and caring community @Kat23. Is there a meeting you can attend either virtually or in-person? I know I couldn’t do this without the support from others like me. I think you should start the process of self forgiveness. For me that was an important step. And don’t worry about how people in your town look at you. In order to succeed in remaining sober you need to put your sobriety first. Not to sound too harsh but what people say or think about you is simply none of your business. Don’t waste time giving it a thought. There are so many more experienced folks than me here and you will get some good pointers. There are many members and many threads to explore here . If you feel lonely and anxious maybe take a look around the site. I’m really glad your here Kathy. Looking forward to hearing from you. Wish you the best. Oh and congratulations on 3 days!

3 Likes

How are you doing @Kat23
Paint any new canvases?
I hope you had a nice relaxing Sunday :heart:

1 Like

Hello. How are you? Hanging in there. I did two more today. Posted on the thread you sent. Having an ok night well, not really but just hanging tight til tomorrow. Been drinking pineapple juice. Wanting to go to sleep but it’s too early. Hope you are doing well.

2 Likes

I’m gonna go look for your post there! I love pineapple juice! I sometimes add coconut milk to mine :yum: i definitely relate to wanting to go to sleep but it’s too early! I’m waiting on laundry :sweat_smile:

My day started earlier then I’d like, and it was packed with big feelings, but it’s better than any day i had when i was using! Congratulations on day 3! You’re doing great! I know how hard it was for me in the early days, so please feel free to reach out to me or anyone else here for a chat if you’re having a rough time! Sending lots of :heart::people_hugging:

2 Likes