* Checking in daily to help maintain focus

@Dejavu Many Congratulations. This is really great. You deserve to be very proud and thanks for being around here

1 Like

My official Day 365 Check in:

I could go on about where I was, or who I was a year ago, but we all know that story; this post is about thanks. Thanks to the people that have helped me along in this journey.

@aircircle - Ariel, my champion. You have always been there to keep me grounded when I needed it most. Your words, your perspective, and your kindness has and continues to help me learn, grow, and persevere. Thank you!

@anon12657779 - Geoff, oh my how have we grown! With so much in common,our origin story could be one in the same, and look at us now! We’re doing it! Meeting you in London was the best day ever, it will be hard to beat that! Thanks for helping me on this journey! Keep rockin’ brother!

@SoberWalker - Buts, my cheerleader! My friend! :slight_smile: Your positive attitude always put a smile on my face! Because of the time difference, your daily messages are the first thing I read when I wake up, and the last thing I read when I go to bed. Bedankt mijn vriend, tot we elkaar weer ontmoeten.

@Lionfish - There’s few that have a soul kinder than your’s. Thank you for your kindness and understanding. It’s definitely been a journey, and I am glad you are here; thank you!

@Englishd - Derek, you are the most honest and passionate person I’ve even seen. Do you know how many times I’ve said to myself, “Who is this A-hole think he is… well… uhhh… He’s right” :rofl: Don’t ever change man! Thanks for being real!

(Wife wants me to get the baby, gonna have to wrap this up)

@ifs - James, you are wise beyond your years, thank you for your insights!

@Eke - Squirrel (if that’s your real name…): Thank you for your humor! and hiking pictures!

@Yoda-Stevie - If there is anyone who should write a book, it’s you. You have a way with words that has helped so many people, especially me. Thanks! BTW, you got me hooked on pom juice!

@Fireweed - Oh Hanna, thank you for your support, humor and crocs! I look forward to our lunch and/or dinner in the future. :kissing_heart:

@MandiH Last and certainly not least, Mandi! Thank you for all your help! I could not have done this without you. Seriously, thank you!

Thank you TS folks!! All of you!!

Stay Beautiful Gang!

39 Likes

WAY TO GO DANO!
Congratulations man. I’m so happy for you.

zombomeme22092019125326

4 Likes

Way to get after it! 365 days of getting better at getting better!

5 Likes

Dan, you handsome bugger, you’ve done it. And you, sir, have been one of those kind-hearted and stalwart voices for me throughout my own time here. Your light but measured input everywhere have helped make me a better man, and for that I thank you.

Way to kick this thing’s ass, dog! :metal: :ice_cream: :fire:

blowitup

8 Likes

Have you read This Naked Mind? I found it helpful to change my perception of alcohol. There are lots of other recovery books and podcasts too. Worth checking some out and see if you find something that clicks for you :relieved:

4 Likes

Been practicing surrender and stillness lately.
Trying to keep things calm, temperate, even.
Got totally shit-whipped in yoga today.
Decided to roll up the mat a half hour early.
Walked out of class while I could still walk.
So, thats where I’m at…like, with everything.

22 Likes

End of a fab sober weekend in our lovely caravan and the end of day 43 for me…time for a warm mug of milk and bed :+1::hugs:

good night all! X

26 Likes

Day 22. Feeling blah. Might get up and clean a little. I just haven’t had any motivation last few days. But at least I’m sober!

17 Likes

Checking In: 38.

Think I’m dealing with a little situational depression and I don’t know if I should seek Prof. help or not. I’m used to flipping back and forth (night shift to day shift/day shift to night shift) and being under a lot of stress. First it was school, then separation, followed my lovely dating experiences, then divorce and having my kids full time all summer. Now its financial stress, maybe a little hormonal stress- if that’s a thing? (not sure about this birth control :thinking:).

I feel like I could always see the bright side of things, muster up enthusiasm/be a little ray of sunshine for anyone/everyone at times and now I just feel mopey/sometimes dark most days. Being raised by an anti-psych/hardcore human rights activists family it’s been instilled in me that ‘psych meds’ are bad, do more harm than good and prevent you from getting to the root of your problems. My mom had a meltdown, when she found out I had to take something as needed for panic attacks in 2016, when I originally filed for divorce. Threw the prescription away as soon as they stopped.

Anywho… that’s what’s up. Off for the next few nights. Ready for my kids to come home :heart_eyes_cat:

25 Likes

Yup.
Same here. Sometimes, just maintaining, is a wild success. ODAAT

4 Likes

Hey, everyone needs a change of pace some times. I vote heavy eyeliner and black hair dye: Embrace the dark side… :vampire: :grin:

To thine own self be true, my friend. :v:

6 Likes

Congrats Dan!! What a wonderful post, thanks for sharing this journey with me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Checking in
Day 6
Decided to stay a few extra days down here.
I’m really enjoying the hell out of this vacation.

Last night I went to this chicken joint I’ve been following on insta and I was not disappointed at all.

These wings were the hottest thing I have ever eaten. I damn near cried. Lol.

I hope everyone is staying strong.
I believe in you all…

In case you haven’t heard it today
YOU’RE AWESOME & I LOVE YOU :grinning::call_me_hand:

23 Likes

Hey I just wanted to check this out and I am still early in my recovery but I am almost at 90 days !!!:sparkling_heart:

26 Likes

I am a addict and am just looking to increase my sober network. Thanks for listening you all!!:kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Looks amazing!!! :grin:

Hang in there, days go up and down. It is normal. Stay sober

1 Like

That looks fantastic!!
Whoooohoooo!!! Day 6.
Keep it going!!!

1 Like

Okay, I tried to ride the bike but had no energy. Only did 25 miles :tired_face:
However, to make up for it I walked 4.75 miles. After that I replaced my crappy old security light with a brandy new LED light. Wow that thing is bright!!! Grilled Angus burgers for dinner. One question is do people put mustard, ketchup, or both on their burgers? Watered the lawn (new grass babies are starting to come up)!!! And lastly photographed my moon :crescent_moon: flowers :cherry_blossom:.
Productive day after all!!!

16 Likes