New In Talking Sober

Last drunk was Monday At 4 am. :sob: I am awful Binge alcoholic. I want to stay sober so much. I love how I feel when I am sober,. But when I am stress My 6 sense only wants alcohol :pleading_face: . I hate been an alcoholic that can’t not stay in control.

5 Likes

Welcome! You’ve taken a good first step reaching out. This is a good place for support and information.

1 Like

I need some type off support I Don’t have family here in the USA

1 Like

Welcome @Laura37! Coming here is a.good start. Admitting you have a problem is how this all begins. Have you tried reading The AA Big Book? It was the thing that made all of this madness make sense. It explains why we do what we do when it comes to alcohol. You can find it for free on AA.org.

You have support right here. There are members from all over the world. This means there is always someone here to talk to. Many AA groups are using Zoom for meetings. Maybe their website can help you with that. See if there is a group in your area that is using Zoom. Then when this Corona mess is over you can go to the physical meetings near you

1 Like

I already downloaded Skype and I will go the meeting from there, I have the big book as and the 12 steps , I have everything it is just my disease that I can not controlled … but I want to do I will do it :pray: I won’t pick up a drink today.

4 Likes

That’s all any of us can do, one day at a time. Work the 12 steps. It really helps

1 Like

Take it one day at a time. When I first started i thought man i am never gonna get threw the first week but I did now I am on my 68th day. Feels good you should try it, you got this stay safe and sober.

2 Likes

This is a great place. Welcome! Thanks for sharing and keep it up. Everyone has some advice that can help you. And you I’m sure you have some words of wisdom that could help someone else on here. Keep up the good fight dude! :v::100::clap:

1 Like

Welcome Laura. There’s tons of great information and amazing people on this forum to help you. I’ve been using intherooms.com and it’s helping until we can get back to our regular in person meetings. Join us on the check in thread, it’s a good form of accountability. Here’s the link:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #11

1 Like

Thanks I am Going to do it I have To !

THANKS! Lisa

1 Like

Hi Laura , i echo everything you just said i am usually in a great headspace working out exercising, loving the clear head … then the 6th sense as you said takes over and starts to just work its way into my head and when that start it gets to a point were it literally takes over my whole thought process until i have always broke , the crazy thing is i used to blame the alcohol but im always stone cold sober when my brain is just on fulltime overdrive then the inevitable always happens , thankfully i found this group and its easier for me to share here than being a shell at the back of a meeting , thanks for your share it made my day that little easier , thank you .

1 Like

you’ve got yourself a family now. Wish you well.

1 Like

Laura just take what you can from this app, it keeps you busy and thinking

Thanks for reply, I like to feel a connection with everyone .

2 Likes

Here I feel safe because we all have the same Allergies !! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Welcome here Laura 🙋
I’m here since my day one sober, it helps me a lot! So I hope to see you around often :wink:

1 Like

You will Buts !!

1 Like

Welcome!!
I am so glad you made it to the forum. Looks like a lot of other folks have already given you good resources. Read a lot of the posts and you will get a feel for how things work.

1 Like

Yes That’s is helping me a lot is like AA meetings