New start Fresh start i know i can do this i love my family

Hello i am new to this group. I took my first steo to sobriety on the 26th. Drinking has caused so many problems and for me to almost lose my family. Thankfully they were willing to give me one last chance. Support is much needed.

15 Likes

Welcome to the community. There’s plenty of support here. Read around and ask questions. I’m glad you’re here. :v:

1 Like

Thank you so much i am too!

2 Likes

Welcome to an awesome sober community! @Beepena

Recovery is possible if you work for it one day at a time. For me, i visited this community daily for support as well as attending AA meetings, getting a sponsor, and working the 12 steps. There are many different resources out there. I call it eqipping your sobriety tool belt.

Cravings will come and go and you want to have your tools ready to survive those hard times.

You can do this!

3 Likes

Welcome!!! You are in good company here, and we’re happy to help along your journey!!

2 Likes

Welcome Brigette! You’re making a wise choice to live a sober life for your family but remember it is for you first. You deserve to have a happy, sober life with the love of your family behind you. The best suggestion I have is to be active here, read around as much as you can and find threads and posts that resonate for you, respond if you feel comfortable. If I can recommend a couple threads for you to start with, these are some that have helped me in the past. I’m so glad you’re here!

Checking in daily to maintain focus

Resources for our recovery

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Appreciate the support!

1 Like

Thank you so much the support and advice is amazing here and im so glad i joined the community

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Beepena . There’s lots of support and good threads on here. You got this :muscle: and we’ve got you!
:heart::v:

1 Like

Thank you five days goinf strong!!!

3 Likes

Welcome to the family! :clap: As mentioned, and you’ll continue to read that this forum is pretty amazing. A great tool that if used wisely can help even the worse of situations.

Glad you’re here and happy to be a part of your journey! :pray:t3:

1 Like

Welcome aboard Brigitte @Beepena, I’m new to this place too and glad you’re here! Happy New Sober Year, here’s to new beginnings! :blush:

3 Likes

Sanw to you and good for you you got this!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Brigette

Great work on working on your sobriety!! Great to have you hear with us - glad you have support at home too :people_hugging:

Take it one day at a time and the days will keep stacking up.

1 Like

I’m a little late, but welcome to the TS community @Beepena

It’s great to have you here with us.

1 Like

Thank you so much 8 days goinf strong!

2 Likes

Congrats! Keep it up. You deserve this life :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey just wanted to see how you are doing? Saw this post & just wanted to say a big welcome to you :slight_smile:

Welcome! You will find much support on here, check in daily if you can (it helps!) We are here for you, you are not alone :black_heart: