New to sober community

Hi. So I’m Lou, a 41 yr old mother, 8 and a half months sober after abusing alcohol from the age of 15. I’ve been working on myself alone this year and this is the first form of community and support that I’ve ever tried as I’m so unsure what to expect. It’s nice to meet you!

29 Likes

Welcome in this is a wonderful community! Congrats on 8 and a half months thats amazing. Keep it up and glad youre here :heart:

4 Likes

Welcome Lou!! And congrats on your 8.5 months!! I hope you find the support and community you need here. :heart:

4 Likes

W E L C O M E !

W E L C O M E !

W E L C O M E !

W E L C O M E !

W E L C O M E !

W E L C O M E !

W E L C O M E!

W E L C O M E!

Keep comin’ back! Hang in there! Keep on keepin’ on! Etc, etc, etc!

:v:t2::heart::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Hey Lou - welcome to the community and a great job on your 8.5 months of sobriety.

This is a super supportive community. SO many amazing folks here to help you with their own stories, advice and just offering a ear when needed.

A few of my absolute favorite threads are:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #58
and
Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #5

Check these out and some others here and jump in when you feel comfortable. This site is always active so hopefully we will see you around.

5 Likes

Thank you so much!

Hi Lou!!! Welcome to the forum! Glad u found us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much. :blush:

2 Likes

Welcome Lou :slightly_smiling_face:. This place has been the most important building block of my sobriety. I hope you find TS helpful on your journey, there are many fantastic people and a ton of helpful information here. Best wishes

4 Likes

Welcome Lou! Amazing job on 8.5 months!

I’m glad you’ve decided to try something new for yourself. Sober life can be confusing to navigate when you’re doing it alone. I was sober, alone for 5 months, before returning to the forum. I felt like something was missing, but being here now was just what I needed to keep moving forward.

Wonderful to have you aboard. All the best :heart:

4 Likes

Thanks! I’m really feeling that this is what has been needed already. I’m looking forward to checking in regularly/daily with everyone.

3 Likes

Welcome Lou,
I’m glad you found us. I found this app 3 + years ago. First time I ever sought help. I had no idea what to expect either. The love and support here was/is overwhelming. Jazzy already mentioned my 2 favorite threads. Have a good read around and join in when you’re comfortable.
Huge Congratulations on your 8 and a half months sober. That’s HUGE!!
Hope to see you around.

:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

If you have any questions about anything feel free to ask. We were all new once. Someone is always around willing to help.

4 Likes

That’s very appreciated, thank you.

2 Likes

Welcome! Great job on your 8.5 month sober. That’s really fantastic. Keep up the great work and I hope you find this forum to be useful to you in your continued success.

4 Likes

Welcome, great to have you here to share your experience with other hopeless yet hopeful people. It’s easier together :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Welcome Lou! :wave: :innocent: You’re in a good space here, there’s lots going on and lots to share and learn, from recipes / food love (Foodies Unite #7(trigger warning food) GNOC, GNOC, GNOCCHI ON HEAVEN’S DOOR!) to pets (Post photos of your pets #5) to recovery experiences (which are everywhere here).

You belong. You’re a good person and you deserve the chance to learn and grow, same as everyone. When you put in the effort you will see the results! You can do it.

2 Likes

Welcome! Working on yourself alone and getting 8 months sober is incredible! Just look around if there are any threads that soark interest or start your own!

2 Likes

Hi Lou! Congrats on 8.5 months! That’s amazing and so inspiring. I’m Aprille and I’m new here also. I’ll be 1 week sober after tomorrow, after abusing alcohol for 10 years. This community seems like a really helpful resource for support and information.

2 Likes

Seeing that message has lifted me for the whole day! I hope to do the same for yourself and others as time goes on :heart:

1 Like