New to sobriety. Glad I found this app and community

Been heavy weed smoker for a few years now and decided enough is enough. Tbh I didn’t think it was possible to be an addict in college or as a young adult but here i am today. Glad I’m trying to kick it early tho. Tossed out all the paraphernalia and hoping I can keep it that way. Any advice for a newbie? Hope I’m doing this right lol

6 Likes

Welcome Gavin.
Have a good read around here. Lots of great people to support you on your sober or clean journey from your DOC
One bit of advice is One Day At A Time. Don’t worry about tomorrow. Just for today don’t pick up. Today is the only day that counts.

Here’s a couple of threads for new comers.

Hope to see you around.
Everyone is pretty darn helpful. You got any questions? Just ask.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Welcome @gcbell, it’s great to have you with us. Take it steady, one step at a time. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ve been reading lots of posts and everyone is so kind and helpful. I’m glad I found a place where I can find support from people in a similar place

2 Likes

You’ve come to the right place, @gcbell. A lot of support and great people and advice here, Congratulations on your decision and wishing you the best of luck!

2 Likes

Welcome! This place is a great first step to a better life. Expect there to be cravings, it will happen. However, saying “No!” To a craving will not hurt you.

Reach out if you need help, we are all here to help.

2 Likes