New to this app, in it for the long haul

For the last year I’ve been on a steady rotation of using alcohol and weed to deal with life and adderall to pick me up the next morning. I’ve been wanting to go sober for quite some time. Last night I went hard for absolutely no reason and woke up this morning feeling destroyed. It’s time to take the first step and be the person that keeps getting buried under the bottle. Any advice and resources would be greatly appreciated. Tomorrow will be day 1.

13 Likes

Welcome Ben.
Have a good read around here. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

4 Likes

Welcome Ben! Congratulations on making the decision to get sober. We can’t do this alone so make sure to check in here often. Reading a lot on here in my early days kept me busy and I learned a ton from other’s experiences. I look forward to following your journey.

3 Likes

Welcome @BSawyer. You have taken the hardest step. Admitting that you are powerless over you addiction. I’m so glad you found this place! It’s full of lovely, supportive people all fighting the same fight together. Welcome to the TS family :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Where are you located Ben? I like the app for a lot of reasons. It’s great to have a community of like minded people with a common goal. But I’m also someone who’s a horrible sleeper, and there’s always someone on here posting about something interesting. It’s an insomniac and nervous person’s dream. I feel calm on here. Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

The first day of a new life. The feeling that the worst is over, that so long as u don’t pick up the first drink, or whatever, you have a chance, is a great relief, I think.

1 Like

I’m in Colorado, I’ve bought some books and have been doing more reading on here. It’s been super helpful. Day 1 is almost over!

3 Likes

Congratulations!

Each day can be harder than the last for the next 15 days, maybe more. Never stop reminding yourself why you’re doing this. It will get better.

1 Like

Hello, my name is Dan. I’m in Michigan. You did the right thing by coming here. Tons of awesome people here. No judging. We are all in this together.

I don’t have any advice as I’m currently struggling too. I woke up hungover, popped an adderall to make it through the morning.