New to this kind of thing

Hey New to this kind of thing…been a drinker 24 years on and off Methamphetamine user fo 10 years, this year i managed just over 100 days sober and clean in Rehab. Currently 4 days sober 14 days clean…keen to pop on here few times a day and read up on posts…live in OZ the Country currently up in flames…:blush::pray::blush:

12 Likes

Welcome to our beautiful app . Keep reading and reaching out on here were all here to help eachother through our recovery x

2 Likes

Hey Shane,
Fellow ozzie here…
Did your rehab introduce to a program or anything to help maintain sobriety when you left?

2 Likes

@Shane_Vella
Welcome
You can do this. Don’t drink or use today. Redirect your actions. Change your routine. :unicorn:

2 Likes

Hey BJM we were given a list of organizations with numbers, but during our time there we find our own Support ppl during AA/NA meetings we attend ppl to call. Plenty of other tools Affirmations, positive self talk. Organization skills, heaps of group sessions. Time management…just woke up cant think of what else. Left Rehab 3 months ago.

2 Likes

Thanks ppl :hugs:

Proud of you babe :sparkling_heart: You are doing great and we are going to have a great clean & sober today :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Welcome my fellow addict friend,you have the right attitude,get on here and read ,I do this ALOT and it really does help me.i wish you all the best

1 Like

Thanks Babe Much Love xx
Im getting out of bed…Motivation is Low…it will get better with each passing day i guess :blue_heart::pray::blue_heart:

1 Like

We’ll get to recovery later but firstly are you safe mate, it’s awful what news we are getting in England.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Another member was sharing the devastating news. Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Be safe.
There’s a lot of great information and here’s a link you may wanna read.
New for 2020? Start here!
Here’s a link you can use to check in daily.
Checking in daily to help maintain focus #6

1 Like

Well it sounds like you have been given plenty of tools to use to keep you sober, good luck :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah m8 im in the Southern suburbs of Adelaide there aren’t really any fires near me Luckily…it’s Insane tho how much destruction these fires are causing and no doubt will have long term damage to our economy i guess.

3 Likes

Fires there are Terrible hopefully there will be end in site, was over in OZ a Few years ago did a few meetings there and NZ . was supposed to meet my friend Jimmy who has a meeting in Adelaide but the ship got in a bit later so just got the train to the city went to the botanics had a chat with the head gardener i usualy visit gardens when im abroad being a keen gardener

2 Likes

Nice. Adelaide isn’t really exciting for travelers but we have allot of Park lands and Churches and Winery’s for ppl interested.

1 Like

There are allot of NA/AA meetings around Adelaide ive been to quite a few diferent locations. Its a Shame these fires burning allot of our Beautiful country killing so many Animals.

1 Like

Thanks i checked out the Links.

1 Like

The pictures are truly heartbreaking. I have a hard time not crying. People trying to just survive and animals have no way out.
:sweat:
I’m glad you’re safe.

2 Likes

True Donna so many animals fenced in by farmers or property line fences etc so many houses and building’s lost also so many ppl will have no job or house to go back perhaps…thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Shane_Vella
Take care during this difficult time. Too bad there isn’t any rain.

1 Like