No easy way to say this!

No easy way to say this but I blew it this weekend… im back at day 1 today!!!. I feel so sick to my stomach…

7 Likes

F@$! Addiction!! Keep it at a slip, get right back on track! And see what led to it, make the necessary adjustments so it doesn’t happen again! :muscle:

3 Likes

We learn and move on instantly…

10 Likes

Hey Judy. I know you must be feeling pretty upset with yourself. I don’t know if you’re this kind of person, but don’t get down on yourself to the point where you give up. Although relapses are serious matters, you made it through this one, and they DO happen. I’ve relapses so many times, and overdosed on quite a few of those.

I hope you can pick yourself up and try again hun, because I see you on here often, and I can tell that you have the strength to do keep trying. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Your so sweet!!! Thank you so much!!! Your kind words helped me alot!!!

2 Likes

Very true!!! I will do that!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you’re back. Good for you.
:pray::heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing that!! I saved it on my phone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yess back on track… just feel awe full! Ive let myself down

2 Likes

It takes so much strength to come back from a relapse, I’ve had my share. I’m so glad that you came here and were honest about it, I’m proud of you lady! Let’s get back to it my friend, together we can do this, one step at a time :pray:t2::two_hearts:

5 Likes

There’s an old expression: if you walk 5 years into the forest, it’ll take 5 years to walk out. Take this as a learning experience: there’s still some stuff you need to figure out about why you started running / escaping into addiction.

You’re not alone Judy. Addiction really f*kcs with your brain and your body. It is possible to learn to live sober and it is healthy and it is a good thing for you and your family. It will take some sustained effort :innocent:

Keep checking in here, keep participating, keep reading, keep watching / listening to sobriety interviews and podcasts. Join a recovery program online - there are many; you can access them just about 24 hrs a day.

There’s lots to learn and read and programs to join here:

Resources for our recovery

And here:

Online meeting resources

6 Likes

Thanks girly!!! I always love your comments!!! I feel like i need to be honest with myself and everyone on this app… honestly is the only way ill maintain sobriety!! Thank you :pray: xoxo

6 Likes

Relapse is part of the journey for some of us (i had my fair share). The important thing is accountability, getting back up and trying again.

3 Likes

Very true!!! Thats the goal!

1 Like

Don’t be too hard on yourself, you are back which is a positive

If you can work out what caused the slip, it might prepare you if that situation arises again x
Stay strong my friend, you CAN do this😎

3 Likes

Easy path leads to a hard life. The hard path, leads to an easier life. Choosing to drink or use when tempted is the easy path, which leads at minimum to regret and physical discomfort, but can also lead to death or imprisonment. Choosing not to yield to temptation is the hard path, but it leads to self-respect, better health, and so many other good places.

8 Likes

When I’ve relapsed, Day One was always the worst because the depressive nature of alcohol ways had me feeling all of the guilt and anxiety which, combined with the physical feelings of a hangover, made me feel so low.

I know it’s hard but try not to be hard on yourself and let yesterday be in the past.

Focus on the next 24 hours and hang in there!!

xo

4 Likes

Hey there Judy, I cant say anything that noone before hasn’t already said. You’ve already beat the beast back by just admitting to us all that you did slip. I had my fair share and just admitted it and trudged forward. Stay strong and we’re all here when you need us.
Do something healthy like read, listen to some music take a walk, you get the idea

1 Like

I only have a day and a half so cant say much but keep moving forward my buddy used to tell me if God wanted us to look in the past he would of put eyes on the back of are heads. Dont know if that helps I’m only a day sober.

2 Likes

7 Likes