No More Added Sugar

Nooooo that man my goodness! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I have so many words but I will keep them out of this thread. :crossed_fingers:t3: Hopefully you’ll be able to get some good treats tomorrow

Oh and edited to say great job on 7 days!!! :partying_face: I almost missed that

2 Likes

I brought it up with a lady at an AA meeting tonight. I didn’t realize it was a birthday meeting. The sugar I ate made my stomach hurt.
Anyways. I will cheer you folks on with the no sugar added but I agree its pushing it to attack too many vices at one time. Im driving myself bonkers.
Thank you all for the feedback and support. :hugs:

4 Likes

I wanted respond to your post earlier but my internet has been out most of the day and I never got the chance. I think not worrying about the sugar for now is a good call. I’m 75 days on the no sugar now myself and 2 years sober from alcohol next week. I gained a good 25lbs in my first year and a half of sobriety. I was so disgusted with myself and the idea of getting fat. But it all came down to my sobriety was the first thing I need to deal with. I am much more disgusted with the person I am when I drink then who I am being a bit chunky. And from there it was therapy, addressing my disordered relationship with food, and cutting out sugar. Slow and steady progress.

6 Likes

For Crying Out Loud!!!
Chef Louie is going to be doing a Belgium Chocolate Creation Du Jour every night after dinner.
:scream::scream::scream: :hocho::chocolate_bar::chocolate_bar::chocolate_bar:

I had one strawberry, with just a tad of Belgium chocolate with gold flakes on it and it was the most amazing 1/2 teaspoon of chocolate on a strawberry I ever tasted, and a fresh homemade raspberry macaron so far. I’m pacing my self.

I won’t post my delights on here. But I’m on vacation. And staying sober with an open bar and a 2500 bottle wine cellar.

I’ll just have to catch up to you guys later. I’m still taking cheese for dessert. That Belgium chocolate thing each night is different :scream: they don’t even consider that dessert.

See y’all in August when I figure out my next sugar adventure. Or non adventure. It was fun while it lasted.
:pray:t2::chocolate_bar::belgium::black_heart:

9 Likes

I’m cracking up at the gifs though!
Good for you! Enjoy your vacation! Enjoy it through sober eyes! Enjoy not over doing it on the sugar so you don’t make yourself sick after being no sugar added for so long.
Way to go! I’m green with envy but so happy for you!!!

2 Likes

This is a big thing to look at during recovery there is a huge percentage of women who relapse due to their cycle. I am not sure you know of it or not but there’s a support thread I will link for you.

Women’s hormonal roller-coaster

6 Likes

I am holding on strong with 74 days.

Congrats on your 346 back to back days with out sugar Eric that’s fucking epic. Eat 1 or 1000 for the team and enjoy them. :wink:

6 Likes

Awesome thank for that link.

2 Likes

Yes!! Have 1 for me!!

4 Likes

If you dare check foodies thread. :blush:

3 Likes

I did and that chocolate looks Devine! I have some keto chocolate at home thankfully

3 Likes

Struggling today. My aunt dropped off her homemade cream cheese coffee cake which is one of my absolute favorites. I keep finding myself pacing into the kitchen just to look at it and really contemplating throwing away 78 days sugar free. I don’t actually want to throw that away though :sob: stuffing my face with a big ole late lunch and hoping I will be full and forget about it. Just need to get through today.

5 Likes

We all have our valid reasons why we do not want to eat sugar. In my case it is not horribly "bad’ for me, and in some cases could be an essential nutrient, however I choose not to eat it for the most part.
( I have not had sugar in my home for over six years, including honey. I do have power bars in the car for when I need them but am using them less and less and coming up w good substitutes)

If there is a wonderful cake there, should I eat one piece it could possibly trigger me to want the whole rest of the cake.
Physically it does no harm to me other than make me want more. And the additional calories.

In my own situation, if there was my favorite cake there and I felt like I could have one normal size portion, I would.
I have friends who would not. No birthday cake, etcetera.

Nice of your aunt to bring the cake. Supporting and respecting you whatever you decide to do.

Editing to add, that not necessarily so nice for her to bring the cake if she knows it is a struggle for you. Could suggest she invite the others to her house for those specialties?

2 Likes

Ugh, that would be hard for sure and I can really relate to the pacing back and forth. Typically I break when that is happening so I hope that you have found the strength to get through the urge. Proud of you for coming here to shed light on that, we are stronger together. I’m right behind you!!! 75.75 days, let’s keep going sugar twin-not-twin. :heart:

2 Likes

On a roll this time and feeling pretty proud. I did find out liquid IV has sugar in it :grimacing: I only use 1 package when I do long runs so I’m not going to count it against me.

Did you make it through @anon9289869? I would have caved lol

4 Likes

Made it through for today!

I know my dad appreciates her bringing him baked goods and it’s his favorite too…so just like alcohol while I live in this house I have to be okay being surrounded by triggers and finding substitutes. I snacked on a whole lot of pickles with peanut butter.

5 Likes

Way to go making it through that! So tough! I dont know that I would have had that will power. So congratulations!!! Way pull through and stick with it!

2 Likes

Day 80 no sugar, Day 3 being tormented by the kitchen coffee cake.

Yesterday I had therapy, journaled, and ran away to my mums for the evening so it was easy to avoid. This morning it’s just there and I could taste it in my imagination. Went out and picked some fresh raspberries to make a nice parfait with buckwheat honey.

7 Likes

Amazing Jess! Congrats on your 80 days and resisting those urges. The buckwheat honey sounds delicious. :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Well that sucks but the wording made me laugh :joy:

3 Likes