No More Added Sugar

That looks amazing :heart_eyes: I want a piece :yum:

5 Likes

I need to play with the recipe some more still. Most online mix powdered sugar with the pb and I thought I could just skip it, but realized that it helps thicken the pb to form a patty so mine did not have as much pb as I would like. Might try mixing in coconut flour or protein powder…or maybe just use powdered peanut butter to begin with idk :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Oh boy :yum:
My fave has always been a peanut butter cup.
Looks :+1:

3 Likes

How about adding some crushed nuts to the peanut butter? The nuts should almost look like a flour.
Works when making energy balls, should work with your creation as well :wink:

2 Likes

Hhmmmm perhaps :thinking: lots of experimenting still to do. Back to the kitchen!!

2 Likes

187 days no sugar as of today
Totally missed the milestone notification for 6 months back on Monday!

6 Likes

Great job Jess.
Congrats on your 6 month SF.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Today is MY 6 months!!!
Yay i love that you checked in today sugar twin!!!
Congrats. :heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 6 months Twinnie.
Good for you!!

Yayyy!! :heart_eyes: I was going to tag you and ask when I posted too but I was falling asleep lol
Happy Six Months! :partying_face: I hope things are going well for you in the rest of your food journey as well :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yum

3 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

…it’s funny I was thinking about Christmas cookies the other day and the thought popped in my head that I could give up on my no sugar journey and eat holiday cookies. Then last night I dreamt I binged strawberry shortcake? I am not even a fan of strawberry shortcake! I was so miserable in the dream and regretted it so deeply I woke up very convinced it wasn’t a dream. Welp that shook me and renewed my resolve! I may try to make a sugar free vegan maple pecan pie in the coming weeks though :drooling_face:

4 Likes

There is a world of delicious cookies, cakes pies and anything that you could ever want that are sugar-free. My Instagram account overflows with it. Top to bottom.

You are such a good cook and are very resourceful, I know that you can make up a recipe for anything you would want. Your pie sounds great!

Editing to add Congratulations on the 200!’ That’s awesome! @Angst-Berg !

I have a good friend who has not eaten sugar for maybe six years. He only had one piece of Mardis Gras king cake once.
I have not had sugar in my house for almost 7 years. I haven’t missed it once. I haven’t used sugar in my house for almost 7 years.
But as you all know I definitely have eaten some when I have the random cookies that are around that I eat and sometimes eat way too many of. Or the friend brings over ice cream or something like that.
But my normal day-to-day life has no sugar or anything close to it. Correction I do eat power bars when I need to when I’m not home.
I might eat a teensy teensy bit of honey every few months. Not even that often.
I’m like @Its_me_Stella I could drink the whole honey bear.

4 Likes

These are good.
I just had the Salty Dark Chocolate one.

They are a bit pricey
@Runningfree
@anon9289869

5 Likes

Oooh interested! Are they unsweetened or what do they use as a sweetener?

1 Like

3 Likes

Yooooooooo whaat! I happy danced when I saw this. The past month flew by. Planning to make my vegan sugar free maple pecan pie dreams come to life next week for an early holiday celebration.

7 Likes