No More Added Sugar

Hi there :see_no_evil:
Going to try again…

I will keep you posted in the hope it helps a bit in keeping myself focussed.
Busy day ahead so that will help as well.
Going to read in this tread a bit to see how you all are doing. Bye for now! :raising_hand_woman:

5 Likes

Wooooooo! :partying_face:

Welcome back Claudia. :heart:

7 Likes

That was so kind of her!!! It looks yum. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you, still in :smile:
Hope to be where you are some day.
8 months! Wow! :tada::tada::tada:
I found it so hard to let go the sugar. My mantra is just for today otherwise I give in.

5 Likes

Congrats on your four days!!!

Just for today is how I get through everyday.
:heart:

4 Likes

New to this thread, but been a sugar addict forever. On day 14 binge and sugar free. :grin: looking forward to supporting everyone and reading your stories.

4 Likes

After my 6 days stretch I caved in at work :thinking:
Chocolat.
Reset my timer. It’s difficult. I have to find something I like as much as chocolat to replace it with. Feels like I’m white knuckling my sugar free days. Any tips? :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Apparently I’m a lonely shut in and need a club to join to be properly socialized and so people don’t think I’m dead, so I’m going to join this no/low/no added sucrose club. :laughing: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You can be in my club anytime :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You make me laugh! :rofl::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ya I still got it :hugs:

6 Likes

Hey Claudia.
Not sure if I got any worthwhile tips for ya. But 6 days without sugar is still good.

I keep some sugar free chocolate and some sugar free ice cream sandwiches in the house. But I binge on them sometimes and I feel like I’m cheating. And then when they are gone I don’t buy anymore.

I’m done with the sugar free ice cream sandwiches because of the cholesterol in them. I’m not wasting my cholesterol on after dinner treats.

I’ve got my mixed bag of healthy nuts I bought at our Whole Foods. I’m going to add some raisins and snack on them at night now if I want a treat. It’s not as good as chocolate but at least I can feel better about myself.

I did order some more of those Choc Zeros. I’m sure I posted them here. Of course I don’t know what you all have in The Netherlands. But every once and awhile I feel I need a treat or substitute and I make sure there is no added cane sugar. And the artificial sweetener stuff taste like shit so it’s easy for me not to eat that.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Thank you Eric for the reply and congratulations with your :five: months milestone!! :star_struck:

What I try now is eating fruit after dinner because that’s a hard time for me. And I also bought these:

But I think I have to buy more stuff to replace the sugar with so I have more to choose from :blush:

3 Likes

After dinner is hardest for me too.

3 Likes

Congrats on your 5 months, @Dazercat! @SoberWalker, 6 days is still 6 days you didn’t have the sugar. It’s a good thing!

3 Likes

I am no expert, but I read that making sure you are eating enough protein and healthy fats can help with sugar cravings. And water. Lots of water.

5 Likes

Thank you, I shall look into that too.
Bought a lot of stuff with no added sugar to eat instead of my normal to go to.
How expensive it was! :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Finishing up day three and I’m pleased to say that I haven’t murdered anyone in my sugar deprived state. :laughing:

Dried coconut chips, natural almonds, and 90% chocolate has been great. There is a tad bit of sugar in the chocolate, but it doesn’t cause me gastric upset like most sugar free items, so I do a mix of both and it’s what I had in the house (because in general, I like very dark chocolate).

5 Likes

I lucked out when shopping tonight and found these on clearence. Not out dated, they just want to clear them out.

Lowered my carb and gluten intake with the sugar and stopped caffeine the day I decided to join this super elite no added suctose club. :heart: Its a wonderful mixture of feeling good and like crap at the same time. :laughing:

4 Likes

#Day 4, tried this chocolat yesterday. It’s a new product wich I sell in the shop I work in.
It tasted good! White chococal with matcha and no sugar. Sweeted with Erythitol and Stevia.
It had the right melt in my mouth feeling. So this one stays!
So finally found a good crap replacer for the old crap I liked @Chiron :sunglasses::rofl:

6 Likes