No More Added Sugar

That sounds delicious! Also that packaging. :star_struck: I love that shine and gradient with those colors!

3 Likes

Reset my counter on sunday because I had a piece of baklava. :sweat_smile:

These Highkey mini bites are pretty good with a generous dollop of creme fraiche. They are kind of dry, so the creme fraiche adds some moisture and a bit of natural sweetness.

3 Likes

I’d kill for some good baklava.
But I believe it has a tad bit of sugar in it.

2 Likes

Baklava is definitely a favorite for me, and a really high quality recipe is worth a little deviation for me, but sadly this one wasn’t that great.

2 Likes

Ok…my first time ever I guess: 10 days without sugar :blush:

It’s hard to not give in because of my emotional instability. Hope I can add more days.

6 Likes

I’ve stopped eating chocolate as the amount I was eating was ridiculous upto 400g (14oz) a day, without changing anything else I’ve already lost 1.5lb :grin:

6 Likes

Congratulations on your ten days without sugar Claudia.

2 Likes

Great job Jim :+1:
Welcome to the club.
:pray::heart:

1 Like

I need some serious help. I’m 21yrs old & addicted to sugar / most processed foods. Anything that’s palatable & has empty carbs, I could eat for days on end no problem. Along with that I also struggle with binge eating disorder. At the start of this year after almost 3 months of binge eating sugary foods & processed carbs I decided it was time to get back on track & find myself again. Find the healthy person I know myself to be. So I set out to “quit” sugar & most processed foods, which lasted maybe 10 days or so at best. Then I quickly spiraled right back into the hole I had dug for myself, burying myself in it without a care. Only this time my actions had consequences I wasn’t prepared for. Over the next couple days I would start to experience mild chest tightness / discomfort & irregular breathing on & off. I would eat sugar & it would come, then after the sugar wore off ( an hour or so maybe longer ) it would go away. After a few days of that & ignoring the signals my body was sending me, I started having very sharp chest pain & also tightness. Which didn’t go away even after I stopped consuming sugar that day. It turned into a pain going down my right forearm & into my right hand. This scared the shit out of me. The next day my chest was better, still painful on & off throughout the day but better. My right forehand & hand still felt sharp & tingly. Each day would be better, & after a few days my chest felt normal & so did my breathing. It took a few days for my arm / hand to feel normal as well. After an experience like this I was terrified to ever consume sugar again, fearing I would overdue it & not get so lucky with my well-being. I vowed to quit sugar & most processed foods forever. I was done & had enough. I started out very strong & extremely motivated. Taking all the right steps to be successful. I almost made it to two weeks, until tonight happened. The cravings were too much for me, it was too hard & by the end of the day I just couldn’t do it. I ate about 3 handfuls of dates ( never done that before & it felt awful because dates are filling & not an empty food source ) to numb the discomfort from the cravings I was having, two non sugary protein bars, a lot of spoonfuls of sugary peanut butter which officially broke the vow that I had made to myself ( not that I was doing good anyway ) some peanut butter crackers, & some unsweetened dried mango. Now my night is officially over, my body can’t take anymore & I’m just done. Tomo is a new day but, I’m not sure where to go from here. I thought I had everything figured out & went about it the right way. I tried so hard & was so sure I was done with this behavior. Something obviously went wrong & I wasn’t prepared. So here I am, reaching out publicly & asking for help. I need it. I can’t do this on my own. If anyone here has any helpful advice please let me know. I’m open to all suggestions & any questions you may have. I just want to be free from this addiction. I want to be the kind of person who doesn’t allow an eating disorder to define them. Thanks for listening, if you took the time.

2 Likes

I’m happy to see this thread today! This is something I’ve been working on too, we are never in it alone. I really wanted an old favorite frozen coffee drink this week but I drank my tea instead and kept my counter going instead of resetting. :heart:

6 Likes

Wooooo Baby!!!

7 Likes

I read your post and I feel your pain. The first month of no sugar was very hard for me, actually the first 3 months were. I am 100% a sugar addict and I also have an eating disorder. In order to get this far I had to cut out all sugary substances because my cravings didnt cease when i was eating dates and dried fruit, i tried that last time.

Good luck, it isnt easy but it can be done. The freedom from obsessive thoughts is sooooo empowering. I wish the same for you. :heart:

I am going to link a thread you might also find helpful to check in with.

Binge eating recovery daily check in thread

5 Likes

Atta girl :hugs::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Respect! A sugarfree baby :baby: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Congratulations! :tada::tada::tada:
9-9

4 Likes

This happened on the 15th

9 Likes

Wooohooooo. Thats a lot of sugar-free days you have had in the last 2 years!!! Congrats.

2 Likes

Wow!! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:
Congratulations Eric!!

1 Like

Congrats @Dazercat and curious…what benefits have you felt? Sorry if you previously shared that. I am doing no added sugar February. Slipped a few times for not realizing a product had sugar…but a main goal was saying NO to those cursed Cadbury Eggs. I’m just not a grey area person. I can have it, or I can’t. I feel like no added sugar is good for me. But once again I’m aggravated that this change hasn’t reversed the clock 20 years. LOL

3 Likes

I swore I wouldn’t leave you hanging.
I forgot. :grimacing: I’ll get back to ya. Playing grandpa in Dallas today.
:pray:t2: :older_man:

2 Likes

Busy lives!! I get it!! No time to eat sugar. Yesssssss!!

1 Like