No More Added Sugar

I am joooooonesing, and this too shall pass.

Good night. :sushi:

6 Likes

Thats so amazing.

2 Likes

Went to the farmers market today and got me a treat for 3 weeks no sugar binges. I know there is sugar in the bread but it’s not cake, cookies or ice cream. I passed the macaroon booth :grimacing: Man that was hard! I’m a huge macaroon fan

7 Likes

post booze sugar has been my crutch too. Chocolate in particular. But ice cream, honey, anything super sweet. I beat it occasionally but keep drifting back into it. It’s definitely an addiction replacement and the compulsion feels just like booze. A really flooding temptation. So I understand totally how everyone feels.

7 Likes

I don’t know how to fight this sugar demon anymore so now I’m gonna try to close it into the time frame.
20 days no extra added sugar challenge.
Starts today.
Maybe this would work.
Feel free to join me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just to keep you people motivated. It gets easier every day.

8 Likes

Day 25!

Last night we ran some errands and got dinner at my favorite sandwich shop. I used to get an orange vanilla hi-c (my favorite!!) with my sub. We’ve had it twice this month and both times it was offered for me to get that drink while ordering and I said no so I’m still going.

Last night I played the tape through as I was asked if I wanted it. I pictured me drinking it, getting a headache, getting super bloated and having the craving kick in with more sugar to follow. This is what happens and is truly my reality with sugar. So I said no and stuck to it. So much like alcohol for me, it’s crazy!

6 Likes

I was just scrolling from the top looking at all of our histories in this thread.

I went from this.

To this.

To barely being able to string a week together. Addiction is a progressive disease no matter what substance we are using. Hold onto your clean time when you get it, dont let your head convince you that its just sugar, that youll be able to stop after one. If youre like me its bullshit, sugar is my new DOC.

Oh and checking in…

7 Likes

The hubs brought home pastries :croissant: :grimacing: I will stay strong!! Hell I’m almost at a month! I’m almost positive that’s the longest streak I’ve had with my sugar binges

6 Likes

Pastries are overrated. Stick with it.
Pastries suck!!

Don’t let me and Benson catch up to you.

Wifey has fudge tracks ice cream in the freezer. I don’t go near it.

We got this :muscle:
:pray::heart:

8 Likes

They really are!!! Stupid pastries lol
I might see if he wants to go get a snowcone with me after work. I’m pretty sure they have sugar free flavors

2 Likes

7 Likes

Yay!!! Nice milestone :clap:

1 Like

Great job Stella!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank yous. :heart:

This calendar hangs inside the closet where the snacks are. Smiley faces are for days I succeed.
Every time I open this cabinet I have to look at them and they tell me Don’t do that! You must collect all of us, at least 20. If you gonna eat that cookie who knows what gonna happen. Maybe nothing. But maybe panda bear gonna die somewhere.
I can’t take that risk and responsibility :wink:
4 days accomplished. Panda bears are safe for now.

6 Likes

Yehhhh!! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
Congratulations!!

2 Likes

I use an app to track my days and help me with reminding myself:

It’s a list I use for daily tasks as well.
Well done for the 4 days! :confetti_ball:
I’m behind you on day 3, do’t let me catch you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

@Its_me_Stella Congrats on 30 days. I’ve seen how you have struggled and fought. This is really impressive! :partying_face: :muscle:
@Mischa84 You are 100% right. I couldn’t imagine being responsible for the death of a panda bear. Better not risk it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
@Runningfree Great job on winning against pastries.

4 Likes

8 Likes