No More Added Sugar

tmp
Btw. I have no idea what this gif is :joy:

But great job on your 30 days!!!

2 Likes

Congrats on your month! How does it feel?

2 Likes

Wow! Congratulations! :confetti_ball:
Hope I will get there some day too :sunglasses:
giphy (5)

2 Likes

Reset. Day zero. I am going to pull the “i only have an issue on the weekend” card out of the alcoholic excuse pile. With alcohol, it was “easy”…if i picked up again I was literally going to kill myself. I started down this path just to be a little bit healthier. Which , Is a very valid reason. I just cant say “no” 100% of the time.

5 Likes

Feels pretty dang good! I’ve never made it this far before :tada::tada::tada:

6 Likes

Wooooohooooo! Congrats!

2 Likes

9 Likes

Thank you wonderful people!

10 Likes

That is so darn impressive!

3 Likes

Just wondering are you “fit as a fiddle “?

Congratulations!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Still going :tada::tada::tada: I made it through my period too! That was quite the accomplishment because I always give in to those cravings

6 Likes

I failed tremendously.

1 Like

Here it’s up’s and downs. I reach 2 weeks ore so and then cave. But overall I eat much less sugar then I used to so I’m fine with it :blush:
I do not binge on sugar.

6 Likes

It’s hard to stay of the sugar. Sugar is also a plan B for me if I crave for a drink :blush:
Do you use eating sugar to eat your heavy day away ore beat cravings?

1 Like

Yeah, generally speaking I eat sugar when I feel any strong emotions. Happy? Angry? Sad? Lets eat sweets to celebrate/make myself feel better. Would be ok if I moderate but it always end up with binge episode. I wouldn’t mind so much but it has such an impact on my mood and how I feel physically… Why am I doing it to myself? And this stupid thinking - if I already eat so much, I can eat even more, I will finish everything today so tomorrow I will start with empty fridge/cabinet and I will go back on eating healthy track. But there always gonna be more, I will always find a way (well, not that it’s difficult, shops are full of sweets).
I don’t know what to do anymore.
I’m also bingeing on kroekpoeks lately. You know Claudia, those Indonesian shrimp chips. Fckn shops have discounts so why buy just 1 if you can have 3 for the price of 2…
:woman_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

I feel you friend. I was in the same spot last year. Until I just could not take it anymore.

But you know how it is. The addiction part of your mind will always find a new way to provide a ‘good reason’. It is always lies. And the question is: How long do you actually want to listen to those lies? What will it take for you to convice yourself that none of this stuff does you any good? What will it take for you to stop believing those lies? When will you be ready to give up this attachement, this obsession, this clinging to?

4 Likes

I know what you mean Misha, it’s difficult.
What I try to do is giving myself some slack too. So yes I can eat something “bad” sometimes, but only at special occiasions and not every day.
When I crave stuff I try to adress my feelings beneath it so I can do something about it instead of eating. I use “my fitnesspal” app to check how healthy I’m eating. Not every day, but just a few days a week to see how I’m doing.
The stuff I crave a lot (in your case the kroeppoek :laughing:) I do not buy.
I have salmiaklollies (salty licories lolly? :sweat_smile:) instead for when I crave sugar.
So these days I do +/- 14 days no sugar and then I eat something with sugar and eat that with enjoying it and no regrets. Thats my way :blush:

3 Likes

Put me down for a month :boom:

7 Likes

Congrats! One month is quite an achievement :partying_face:
How do you feel? Do you see any differences?

3 Likes