No More Added Sugar

I admire you people! Sugar is a bitch to manage. I still don’t have enough strength.

4 Likes

Day 19 no sugar. Just fyi if anyone cares to know…strawberries are my midnight snack. I hold off eating any until after bed. Also I have been squeezing a lemon in my water which seems to kick any sweet desires away. Although as days add up any sugar cravings are very minimal.

5 Likes

I’ve been enjoying sone cherries in the evening lately. Not binging. Tonight was cantaloupe. It’s not bad having some fruit for a treat.

Congrats on 19
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

Thank you very much. Yep fruit is the original natural sugar. Would you like a full bucket of peaches :peach:? I have to get them stored. Did you know that fruit can talk? The peaches say “how long do we have to stay here? Until we rot ?” I can hear them calling me from the kitchen.

2 Likes

I’d love some peaches.

And if I had my little way, I’d eat peaches everyday,
Sun soakin’ bulges in the shade.

Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches,
Movin to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches,

I don’t buy them anymore. They’re never any good at the store.

You live on a fruit tree farm or what? Sounds nice.

2 Likes

4 acre Walnut Orchard 2 Nectarine, 4 Peach, 1 Apple and a pear tree but no partridge although we have quail. Also have 2 persimmon trees 2 different varieties. Since sober this has been first time I took on the harvesting and storing of the fruit. It is tedious work. We had a ton of ha a tomatoes which I got stored.

3 Likes

Sounds like a lot.
We got 4 or 5 citrus trees but no fruit. They don’t look too good. Been too busy to do anything about it yet. At least I don’t have to harvest shit.

1 Like

It is a lot. I live with someone who just doesn’t understand why fruit not picked, jam made and jarred and how come I am pooped. So I try ti get as much completed as I can. Always great to chat. Have a great night!

1 Like

Fruit is my go to in the evenings now instead of cookies. I usually have an apple or sometimes grapes. I really struggled at first because my husband still has cookies, cake or some other sugary dessert. It’s getting easier and i look forward to my healthy dessert.

4 Likes

Day 20 no added sugar. At AA Meeting today there were chocolate muffins and home made cookies. Cookies were tempting but I am doing so well just didn’t want to reset.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Today marks my 9 months freedom from sugar and 9 months of my recovery journey. Thank you all for having my back all that time!

9 Likes

Just wow Aga! :star_struck:
9 whole months is a lot!
Congratulations!

3 Likes

That’s Excellent Aga!!
Congrats on the 9 months
:boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

1 Like

Day 21 no sugar!

3 Likes

22 days no sugar

4 Likes

4 Likes

Day 23 no sugar. Turned down home made lemonade today. Also made a strawberry peach sugar feee pie today. I enjoyed every bite of my slice.

4 Likes

Day 24 no added sugar.

4 Likes

25 days without added sugar.

4 Likes