November workout challenge

Day 26 done. Dog walked twice.

MTD
Running / walking 45 miles
Spinning 54 miles

Here is a meditation from Shakespeare, upon time and beauty and death.

Sonnet 22
My glass shall not persuade me I am old,
So long as youth and thou are of one date;
But when in thee time’s furrows I behold,
Then look I death my days should expiate.
For all that beauty that doth cover thee,
Is but the seemly raiment of my heart,
Which in thy breast doth live, as thine in me:
How can I then be elder than thou art?
O! therefore love, be of thyself so wary
As I, not for myself, but for thee will;
Bearing thy heart, which I will keep so chary
As tender nurse her babe from faring ill.
Presume not on thy heart when mine is slain,
Thou gav’st me thine not to give back again.

3 Likes

Day 24 & 26 done! :white_check_mark: All up to date again! :blush: I also added a Tabata with my boxing bag!

3 Likes

Let me know if yous do an ab one in the coming months. I need some kind of core routine I’ll be accountable to.

1 Like

We have the plank challenge each January :blush:

Not gonna lie guys- I didn’t do today :woman_shrugging:t2: I’ll jump back in tomorrow

3 Likes

Day 27 done, with some slight changes! + session at the gym! :white_check_mark: @Runningfree plank challenge sounds cool for me for January! What about December?? :thinking: Wall sit? Tabata?

3 Likes

Day 27 :white_check_mark: That was a whole workout by itself :joy::joy:.

Y’all down to do this one again?

2 Likes

Count me in, I don’t remember doing this one last year! Looks like fun!

1 Like

Minus the 25 burpees, I’m in

1 Like

Swapping today’s workout for tomorrow’s rest day.

Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them. Think constantly on the changes of the elements into each other, for such thoughts wash away the dust of earthly life.
**Marcus Aurelius **

2 Likes

Day 26 done. I’m behind because my little vacation grew! Good break though, back at it today.

3 Likes

My active recovery has been VERY active. I did a session at the gym, which included among others 2K running, 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 squats and 100 (!) burpees!! :exploding_head:

3 Likes

Just finished Day 27, still laying on the ground! Broke a sweat and everything, the lunges are brutal! My Day 28 active recovery was the 5am gym session i dragged myself into. Getting back to the gym after a vacation is never easy, maybe i should work out on vacation! Hmmm!!

A lot of squats, dead lifts, triceps and core this morning so im feeling it tonight, but it feels good.

We are almost there!

2 Likes

Pretty sure I’m in. Enjoying this extra motivation!

1 Like

Ouch! Day 29 done. Had a big cardio day at the gym this morning and then this beast. That was hard. Had to break all of them up into sets, except the plank, but i got them done. 75 push-ups with 75 tricep dips is not a good combo for the tri’s, burning!

One more day!!

@Runningfree Hope you start feeling better soon. Sorry you are so sick.

2 Likes

Days 27 and 29 done - I got help from my trainer and it took almost half our session to complete!

MTD
Walking/running 48.5
Spinning 54 miles

Part of my alcoholism was “the myth of eternal leisure”, a phrase given to me by my alcoholism counselor.

If all the year were playing holidays; To sport would be as tedious as to work.
William Shakespeare, Henry IV, Part 1

2 Likes

Thank you. I went to the doctor today. It’s covid :cry: The muscle pain and fatigue is the worst. I don’t really have congestion. I have a small cough but it’s most just the pain. I’m trying to get my fever down. The doctor said that’s the most important thing for now. It’s been 101-102 for the past two days.

3 Likes

That fever was the worst for me - I felt trippy and so so weak! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

1 Like

I feel this way. My brain feels fuzzy and I have a hard time focusing. I tried to work yesterday and that was not a good idea. My doc gave me an excuse note so thankfully I don’t have to go back until friday

1 Like

No Bueno! I had it a little over a month ago and same thing. Lots of advil, DayQuil and NyQuil. My fever broke at 2 days so hopefully yours does soon. Tons of liquids and time in bed! I agree, the body aches were brutal. Rest up and start feeling better soon!

1 Like

Day 30 done! Slept right through my 4:30 alarm this morning and woke up at 5:30. Since I already missed my gym class decided to just get day 30 done. Glad I did. Still had to break each one down into sets, lunges in 3 sets everything else in 2 sets. Didn’t think it was as hard as Day 29, but I’m sure doing it first thing in the morning made a difference. Glad I did this challenge.

1 Like