November workout challenge

And we’re off! Day 1 done!

5 Likes

Day 1 :white_check_mark:

Our bodies are our gardens, to the which our wills are gardeners.
Wm. Shakespeare, Othello

This quote, taken out of the context of the plotting Iago’s schemes, reminds us to care for our bodies and shape them as we would want them. Fun history fact - Othello was first performed this date in 1604, at the Whitehall Palace in London, England. King James I was in attendance.

9 Likes

Day 1 & 2 done :white_check_mark::white_check_mark:

6 Likes

Day 2 :white_check_mark: I am finally without a wrist brace :confetti_ball::confetti_ball: I can pinpoint the workout where I overused it, there were 100 push-ups involved :scream:
I’m glad it is finally feeling better

6 Likes

And I didn’t even do day 1….how typical of me!!

2 Likes

Day 2 done. Some adjustments.

5 Likes

Day 2 done.

Month to date
Walking 2 miles
Spin 13 miles

My favorite Shakespearean character is Lear, the old man driven insane by his own lust for power. My favorite scene is the opening of Act 3, when Lear and the Fool are wandering in the storm.

Blow winds, and crack your cheeks! Rage, blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drenched our steeples, drowned the
cocks.
You sulph’rous and thought-executing fires,
Vaunt-couriers of oak-cleaving thunderbolts,
Singe my white head. And thou, all-shaking
thunder,
Strike flat the thick rotundity o’ th’ world.
Crack nature’s molds, all germens spill at once
That makes ingrateful man.

4 Likes

Day 3 done. 3 sets plus 6km run because… why not :laughing:
Happy Friday everyone :hugs:

4 Likes

Have you seen The lost king? It’s about how they found the remains of Richard III in 2012 (if I remember correctly) and it’s also talking a bit about Shakespeare.

2 Likes

Day 2 is done!

3 Likes

I have not! I finally watched the 2018 version starring Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson, I avidly recommend it for making the play accessible and easily understood.

2 Likes

Day 3 done.

3 Likes

Day 3 done. I don’t like Russian Twists! Why can’t i get in shape as fast as i get out of shape! :rofl:

2 Likes

Day 3 in the bag.

It’s being here now that’s important. There’s no past and there’s no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can’t relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don’t know if there is one.
George Harrison

4 Likes

Day 3 :white_check_mark: - forgot until I was in bed scrolling but got out of bed and did it real quick. Non modified push-ups :confetti_ball::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Beast mode - ON!

1 Like

Day 4 active recovery day - I’ve got my dog to thank for the 1.5 miles this morning, (edit “and”) another mile and a half this afternoon.

Month to date
Walking 5.0 miles
Spin 13 miles

This starts out as a complaint about the weather, but then changes into a meditation upon amends for wrongs done.

Sonnet 34
Why didst thou promise such a beauteous day,
And make me travel forth without my cloak,
To let base clouds o’ertake me in my way,
Hiding thy bravery in their rotten smoke?
‘Tis not enough that through the cloud thou break,
To dry the rain on my storm-beaten face,
For no man well of such a salve can speak
That heals the wound and cures not the disgrace:
Nor can thy shame give physic to my grief;
Though thou repent, yet I have still the loss:
The offender’s sorrow lends but weak relief
To him that bears the strong offence’s cross.
Ah! but those tears are pearl which thy love sheds,
And they are rich and ransom all ill deeds.
Wm Shakespeare

4 Likes

It’s my work weekend so I took today off. No active recovery, just a butt kicking from prescriptions :joy:

4 Likes

I’ve already failed :see_no_evil: we’ve been running out the door in the AMs to go build my porch deck and I have nothing left to give by the time we get home :tired_face: :sleeping:

3 Likes

Day 4 yesterday rest day so did some stretching instead.
Day 5 done :white_check_mark:

4 Likes